Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Service from Brakedesigns.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:51 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default Great Service from Brakedesigns.com

Since my rotors were changed last week I've had steering wheel shake like a tire was out of balance. So tonight I rotated the tires, but it still shook. So I put the stock front rotors back on and the shake went away. I presumed the rotors were out of balance (not warped). I don't know if the rears are out of balance too, I have no way of telling.

I called them tonight and told them the story and they promptly offered to ship out a new set at N/C. They don't need me to ship back the originals either. I changed over to drilled only instead of my current drilled and slotted setup b/c the slots are really cutting up my pads and causing dust. Anyone else with an issue with aftermarked rotors? If anyone has an idea how to tell if the rears are out of balance too I'd apreciate it.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Great Service from Brakedesigns.com

Sorry to hear about your issues.
How bad is the dusting?
Ihave slotted and vented rotors on my mods list for the future, but if they are chewing up the pads then maybe vented only would be in order.
How good are these rotors, $107/pair for the front and $88/pair seems pretty cheap.
Didn't tacobill pay like $320 for his Rotorpros?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

The dusting is pretty bad. I have to clean the wheels every other day, but I am a fanatic. I just put a coat of Turtle Wax ICE on the wheels tonight in the hope that it will make it easier to clean. This, with ceramic pads none-the-less.

Yes these are supposedly the same rotors TacoBill used but without the markup of Rotorpros. If you read the Taco Bill's thread you;ll see this post by Scotte28516:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The only thing I'd like to add is that the price from Rotor Pros is wayyyy high. Another of my sponsors, Brake Designs, Inc.http://www.brakedesigns.com/home.php?cat=3660 sells the exact same rotors for $195.00 per set of four($107 for fronts, and $88 for the rear), and you get your choice of silver or black hubs at no additional cost. They are the same exact Centric brand rotor that RotorPros sells, with the same exact part numbers and plating, and you get your choice of single or double cross drilling. They are located on Orange County, Ca. Go to the link, or call Jon or Victor(the owners) at 714-626-8818. If you want more info, pm me. You can see the part numbers in TacoBills pics and mine. Zero difference, except for price gouging!

Whipple - 465 rwhp, 437 rwtq @ 10 PSI
http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/articles.asp?page=tenarticle&aid=3525 [align=right]
[/align]
Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I have the drilled and slotted and really haven't had any problem with them chewing up the pads. However, I did switch to the hawk pads at the same time. The dusting is less then I had when I was stock. However, they are a little noisier (freaked my mechanic out) after reading up on the pads I understand that is normal (thats why they are suggested for street and strip use I guess). The breaks seem to respond well no complaints on performance, but I kept my takeoffs just in case.

Yah I read the original post before Scotte had posted. I bought mine from rotorpros[&:]. When I went to look at the write up agian I saw Scotte's post[:@]. However the price for the rotors and the pads were $400.00 shipped so I guess it wasn't that bad.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Man, how did I miss Scotte's post.
Hell for$200, slotted/drilled rotors, this easy and sweet lookin mod just might get moved up a notch or two.
I plan on getting into some autocross next spring, so it just might come in handy too.