Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most quiet exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Most quiet exhaust?

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

I hear the sound from GT takeoffs is pretty good. Needs to be as mellow as possible, but still provide better than stock response. This is in reference to dual conversion on a V6, by the way. I wonder if a fab'ed system could be built to be quiet and efficient at the same time... hmmm....

It's not that bad if you lolly gag it on take off. Starts talking to you around 2000 rpms.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:03 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I forgot about this guys. What about exhaust silencerinserts? We used to use those all the time in Japan for our modded cars, because the base cops could be real strict about noise. The Japanese cops were too, but only if they thought you understood the language.... :-P
Old 09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
4 CRUZEN

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

You will sacrifice performance for lack of dbs. No way arounf it.
Pretty much sums it all up. If you want quiet get a 6 cylinder or a 4 banger. Any attempt to silence [sm=badidea.gif]and your pony will kick back at you with lower performance and gas milage as well.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Just add a tip so it looks like you got duals and leave the stock exhaust the way it is....cant get any quieter.....
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I know Matt, but wouldn't that be posing?!?! May just stick with single, and get body kit with only one cutout, but I really wanted symmetry, you know? For balance and all. Mustangs look weird with only one pipe, although I guess that would fall more in line with the sport compact theme. Shucks...[:@]
Old 09-14-2007, 02:30 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

well yes it would be posing, more so than if you did a duel conversion, but you have to sacrifice something....any additions made to he current setup will increase sound....but as stated before many arent that loud in the car really and you wount be watching a movie when the car is going anyway
Old 09-14-2007, 02:38 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

magnaflow axleback (NOT MAGNAPACK) is incredibly silent.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:41 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

for quiet i would definetley stick with the stock exhaust. For the computer you said you were looking for look for a custom car pc. check out the infill g4 in dash computer sounds like you are going all out with sound, this thing with the included streetdeck software is incredible.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Nine days after I bought my GT, my sister bought one just like it, but Legend Lime. She got the magnaflow, I got the GTAs. Magnaflows cost twice as much back then, but I was blown away by sound difference. the MAgnaflows were quiter than stock, especially when revved up! It's almost like after the mid range, it just cuts out! I couldn't believe it. [&:]

- C
Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

well yes it would be posing, more so than if you did a duel conversion, but you have to sacrifice something....any additions made to he current setup will increase sound....but as stated before many arent that loud in the car really and you wount be watching a movie when the car is going anyway
Why not he can just put it on cruise control and slide into the back seat while at 75mph for a couple hrs.........quiet exhaust.......lol

Quick Reply: Most quiet exhaust?