Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 12:42 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Default Black Cars

I know this isnt 05 specific but I figure that most members look in here anyways.I have never owned a black car,but I fell in love with the 05 in black,it is very sexy! I was wondering how often do all of you black car owners have to wash and care for your cars?My stang will be my daily driver,so I dont want to wash is every 2 days.Is black that bad?Also I live in whats called the "Red Desert",southern Utah.I guessing I shouldent go with black.....but I thought I would ask how high maintence they really are.
N2F
Old 02-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Black Cars

I can speak for me..mine is my daily driver to and from work. It replaced my 8 year old, 113,000mi Ford Taurus. I figure I'll drive this one at least as long - probably not as many miles though as it won't serve a stint as the family car as the Taurus did and my commute is alot shorter than it used to be. Myself, I wash it on the weekend if the weather is nice. I haven't had it long enough that its needed a wax - still beads up nicely from the factory shine.

Maybe someday the new will wear off and I won't wash it weekly, hell I don't even remember the last time I had washed the Taurus - usually let Mother Nature handle that

Earl
Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 AM
05stangawsomecar

If I was to do it all over I would not have bought black, it just never seems clean, and it seems to just pull the dust on it. But when it is Clean it does look GREAT. I wash it almost everytime I drive it.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:09 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Every time I get a black car I Say that's the last black car I'll get. Damn, they look so good that I can't stay away. It's a pain in the @ss to keep them clean. I wash mine every weekend but there are times I have to do it in the middle of the week because I can't stand it when it gets dirty. Also every little scratch will stand out in a black car. My suggestion is to get another color if you don't like to be cleaning the car very often. Silver will be a nice color to get.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

When I get the '05, it will be second black car. Black looks great, but everyone is right they are a pain to keep it clean. I live in Central Florida, about 3 blocks from the ocean, so as soon as the car is clean, salt is all over it. Right now I have a silver Mustang, and I have to say that the dirt never seems to show on it. I personally loving getting outside on the weekend, and cleaning my car. My 5 year old nephew even likes to help, especially when I let him use the hose. Basically if you don't want to clean it a lot do not get the black.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:30 AM
yellow4.6
2nd Gear Member

Black gets really dirty fast and it show scratches easily. That being said black is the sharpest car when clean, especially in the 05 stang, Trans Am, or Corvette.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:03 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

yea i have a black mustang...omg its a pain to keep clean. even if it doesnt rain or snow for a week, u can still see dust particles. but from far away, stilllooks good. i love black (maybe its cuz i am black....)
Old 02-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Being in southern utah, you are in a dust bowl. One thing that will really help you to keep your car clean is a car duster. If you use the duster between washings it will keep dust from accumulating on it, and it will help a lot. I live in Boise, and my 01 Saleen is true blue, so I am in the same boat as you. Another thing you can use between washings is some instant detailer. I use Meguires Quik Detail, and it is fabulous for in between washes. As a matter of fact, if you use this stuff twice a week, you won't need to wash your car as often.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Being in southern utah, you are in a dust bowl. One thing that will really help you to keep your car clean is a car duster. If you use the duster between washings it will keep dust from accumulating on it, and it will help a lot. I live in Boise, and my 01 Saleen is true blue, so I am in the same boat as you. Another thing you can use between washings is some instant detailer. I use Meguires Quik Detail, and it is fabulous for in between washes. As a matter of fact, if you use this stuff twice a week, you won't need to wash your car as often.
I know,and its red dust too! It makes all of the black cars around here look bronze.I hate it here and cant wait to move back to california!
Whats a good trusted car duster ? Do they really work well? I LOVE the Quick Detail,its what I used on all of my show cars! Meguires just plain kicks ***! I really want the black,and I dont really have a problem washing it all the time,I just cant make up my mind between the Legend Lime or Black!
N2F
Old 02-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Whats a good trusted car duster ? Do they really work well? I LOVE the Quick Detail,its what I used on all of my show cars! Meguires just plain kicks ***! I really want the black,and I dont really have a problem washing it all the time,I just cant make up my mind between the Legend Lime or Black!
N2F
Get a product called the 'california car duster' Call around and find one. After you buy it and use it for a couple weeks, you'll wonder how you managed without it. The dirtier it gets, the better it works. Use it everyday on your car for best results. Once you get it, report back and tell me what you think. Phenominal product for black cars.

Quick Reply: Black Cars