Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gotta get rid of the car

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
26roush06
1st Gear Member

Default gotta get rid of the car

Hey well time has come. Too many tickets, need something not soo flashy. My mom doesnt want me to drive around in my red roush so she is willing to buy me a EVO MR or a STI?? Can I get some opinions on what you guys think I should get. I know they dont look as nice as the mustangs but the mustang I guess is too flashy and way too loud. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:40 PM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: gotta get rid of the car

honestly if you're getting too many tickets with a mustang I don't see either of those two cars helping. they're both still pretty flashy
Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Stop driving around like a moron and you won't get a ticket.

Problem solved.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

mom needs to stick a stuffed animal under the gas pedal
Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 PM
26roush06
1st Gear Member

Sorry I should of been more specific IVE NEVER BEEN PULLED OVER one red light ticket that a camera caught me, and another for a car accident.

I dont drive like a moron anymore but my mom wants to get insurance in my name and with the mustang it is atleast 2 to 3 grand more than an sti or evo. I will be lucky to even get insurance right now, my question is what car should I get out of those two not how am I gonna keep the mustang. No my mom isnt going to let me keep the mustang so mind as well listen and get a car like an STI or EVO im not going to tell you my life story about how this happened sorry. Just a question about the STI and EVO which one you guys think will be better.

Dont get me wrong I love the mustang but it has to go.
ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

Problem solved.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

HAHAHA LOL Shady...
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Are you being careless? If so, you'll get tickets based on your driving habits. Most Corvette owners are in their 50s and I don't see them getting pulled over. Driving maturity begins with the DRIVER not the car. You need to adjust your driving habits/skills. Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you have to drag race everyone. An STI or WRX are just as fast, they won't stop you from getting pulled over, your driving style will. If you need to change cars based on Mom's decision, get something really average(Focus? Cobalt? Corolla? Civic?), these cars will help you from speeding from a standstill(but any car/truck will exceed any speed limit within a matter of 5-12 seconds).
You need to change your driving style or you'll keep getting pulled over no matter what you drive IMO.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

yeah.....ok.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 26roush06

Sorry I should of been more specific IVE NEVER BEEN PULLED OVER one red light ticket that a camera caught me, and another for a car accident.

I dont drive like a moron anymore but my mom wants to get insurance in my name and with the mustang it is atleast 2 to 3 grand more than an sti or evo. I will be lucky to even get insurance right now, my question is what car should I get out of those two not how am I gonna keep the mustang. No my mom isnt going to let me keep the mustang so mind as well listen and get a car like an STI or EVO im not going to tell you my life story about how this happened sorry. Just a question about the STI and EVO which one you guys think will be better.

Dont get me wrong I love the mustang but it has to go.
ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

Problem solved.
I guess being able to explain yourself maturityneeds to be addressed first and foremost. With your full explanation now posted for all to see. Why are you asking our opinion if you're already the condemned man? Maybe a V-6 Mustang? I hear Roush makes a Sport V-6 model.................................
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 PM
26roush06
1st Gear Member

Its not the driving style, trust me on this I drive speed limit now but what my mom arguement is my car stand out a lot and more likely to catch someones eye. If you see a red mustang driving a little fast or a black sti or evo driving a little fast in traffic I think you would spot the RED but its not my choice to keep it or not my mom is making me give it up time for a new car and still no response lol which one do you guys think would be better an sti or evo??

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Are you being careless? If so, you'll get tickets based on your driving habits. Most Corvette owners are in their 50s and I don't see them getting pulled over. Driving maturity begins with the DRIVER not the car. You need to adjust your driving habits/skills. Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you have to drag race everyone. An STI or WRX are just as fast, they won't stop you from getting pulled over, your driving style will. If you need to change cars based on Mom's decision, get something really average(Focus? Cobalt? Corolla? Civic?), these cars will help you from speeding from a standstill(but any car/truck will exceed any speed limit within a matter of 5-12 seconds).
You need to change your driving style or you'll keep getting pulled over no matter what you drive IMO.

Quick Reply: gotta get rid of the car