Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome Day at CDC - Detroit

Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default Awesome Day at CDC - Detroit

So I’ve been trying to locally source the CDC grill and chin spoiler for some time. Having them shipped into Canada is costly is terms of shipping, import duties & brokerage fees plus it takes a long time and of course there’s the risk of the old damaged-in-transit scenario. All in all, a stressful thing.

Being at a loose end I decided that I could drive the 4 hours into Detroit to get the pieces, have them fitted and have a mooch about in the local Malls etc, make a day of it so to speak. Additionally, I figured that having a look at them held up to the vehicle would lay to rest fears I have of them looking gay on my ride.
A date was set with the guys at CDC and, leaving at 3:45AM, I got there at 8:45 on the day in question where I was met at the door by Colby Hubbard, an extremely affable and helpful guy who works in the Sales team.

First thing was first and the guys pulled my car into the workshop whilst I was handed a coffee. The parts were all in store in the next room, well, warehouse sized area and within minutes the guys were opening boxes and offering the items up to the car for my ‘nod’, which they got.

So, while they got on with that Colby walked me around the showroom where they have their project cars plus some cars belonging to customers but left for display purposes.
Got to tell you, it was just overload. Some of their rides are just off the hook, sick.
It’s so good to be able to see their parts actually installed and also parts they are currently working on, already on vehicles! They have some awesome things coming….

So, I’m looking at an 04 Cobra and this guy walks up, “Did Colby show you the blinker mirrors?” “No” I say. So Colby leans into an 05/6/7 GT and knocks the 4-way flashers on revealing the directional LED arrows embedded in the door mirrors, a’la GMC trucks, you’ve seen them. They looked SO sharp I had to have them so the shop guys were given the word and another set of hands was suddenly working on the car fitting them.

Now, I know of the Glassback, and seen pictures of them, but somehow they never really did much for me. I mean, I liked them, but not as much as to drive a total of 8 hours to have one fitted. However, seeing one on a car is different, you Glassback guys know what I’m talking about. They had a few 05/6/7’s there with Glassbacks on but I hadn’t really noticed them until they were pointed out as their body colours were already dark. So I walk over to one, sit in it and OMFG, what a ridiculous thing they are, totally amazing.

I walk Colby to his office and ask “how much” and “can you fit it today”, it was that easy to decide. I knew I had to have it.
I won’t bore you with the details but basically I ended up staying overnight as the bonding agent needs 24 hours to cure enough to be able to drive. Yea, it was a bit of a drag but the guys helped me out finding a hotel and taxied me to and fro, really a great bunch of guys in every way.

So, I hung around while they cut the middle out of the roof and then left them to it. Next morning, with a stomach full of Hooters food, I arrived back at CDC to see my ride all shiny and ready to go.

It was a good experience all round, each and every guy I spoke to was friendly and helpful as was the support staff in sales and finance. A truly fine bunch of people…..

More pics here http://www.mkeeler.com/mustang/

Old 09-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Awesome Day at CDC - Detroit

cool
you lucky lucky person
Old 09-15-2007, 03:25 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

wow, very awesome.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:27 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

WOW nice Car!
I am not one for after maket grilles but you car looks good nice clean look.
Congrats on the roof looks nice.

Ok I go back and read your post just looked at the pics only.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I would say that the Glassback is the best, most satisfying mod I've had done to the car, and that includes the Supercharger.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:57 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

wow thats sick

how much did that run you? 3k?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

car looks great
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

how much did that run you? 3k?
Yep, pretty much spot on.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:47 PM
JimC

Looks great Marcus - glad that you were able to hook up with CDC and make the trip to get the work done finally.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Yea Jim, it was worth the drive for sure. I can heartily recommend them to anyone within driving range.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Awesome Day at CDC - Detroit