Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of these Fender Badges

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you think of these Fender Badges

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

The picture I put up had a close up shot of them, I'll try to fix that. But the emblems are somewhat like the total performance emblems Ford used in the early sixties.
+1, that's what I was thinking. Most people forget that Ford used checkered flags before Chevy made them popular by putting them on as emblems with the engine size in between the flags.
I think they look cool, but I like the "powered by Ford" emblems that the new Shelby GTs have on their flanks better.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:53 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

The picture I put up had a close up shot of them, I'll try to fix that. But the emblems are somewhat like the total performance emblems Ford used in the early sixties.
+1, that's what I was thinking. Most people forget that Ford used checkered flags before Chevy made them popular by putting them on as emblems with the engine size in between the flags.
I think they look cool, but I like the "powered by Ford" emblems that the new Shelby GTs have on their flanks better.

I used to have a set on my 64 Galaxie "Thunder Bolt Look" Drag car, except mine had 460 for the engine. Looked pretty cool............
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I like the look, I saw a legend lime the other day and had it under the gt symbol but his had the 281 and flags. It looked sharp, different, and unique. I think it would look great on a shaker hood!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:13 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gazoo

ORIGINAL: Fletch

Lame! Same goes for the "281" stickers and emblems. Why would you ever want to brag about that? The only way I'd advertise what I have under the hood is if it was a 440.
Ummmmm..... dude, why so aggressive and rude? It just serves to make the original poster feel bad and what is good about that? They are not my cup of tea either, but it seems that simply courtesy would have me approach it more civilly.

Rude - possibly? But if you post a "what do you think of this" thread on the internet, you've gotta be prepared for the gamut of resposes from "I love it" to "that's the gayest thing ever". Nothing wrong with people giving their honest opinion, andsome of the funniest threads on here are the "rude" ones. Just check out the other current thread on here with the guy looking to put on Superman fender badges. If only Leno and Letterman were this funny!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
CharlieW
1st Gear Member

/
I actually had the same idea, but I have not been able to find the badges --

So I think it looks great!!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I realize this is a retro emblem, like someone above said. They also noted that FOrd used checkered flags before Chevy. Probably true.

But I'm more a realist/rational person, and just because something is retro or true or whatever does not mean it will go over well in real life. I'm a car enthusiast, I think.... And even I have no clue what old Ford logos look like - at all, so when I see this I see something that looks like a Vette logo. The majority of the population will be inthe same spot as me when they see this in public and wonder what the guy was thinking.

Its like fake scoops... They're retro indeed, but the regular people population that will see it in on the street will think very low of it.

Now, if you don't care about what people think then fine, just ignore this view on it. But since you posted a thread on it then I'm assuming you really do care and that this is important.

Annnyyywwwaayyysss, I dont seem to mind that the regular people population will wonder why I put a pointless piece of plastic on the bottom of my front bumper, so clearly we are entitled to have a little of our own fun.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I got mine because it was accurate and different. But looking at it on the plenum cover... I guess it just didn't work! Looks kinda like a bat, huh?
I'll get around to peeling it off someday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/983138EB4E51459C8A206022BE353B2F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

This is what was on my Galaxie: except instead of SOHC, it was 460.

http://www.critesrestoration.com/pics/sohc_emblem.jpg

Old 09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
CharlieW
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I got mine because it was accurate and different. But looking at it on the plenum cover... I guess it just didn't work! Looks kinda like a bat, huh?
I'll get around to peeling it off someday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/983138EB4E51459C8A206022BE353B2F.jpg[/IMG]
I like that look, too. I would not change it -- IMO.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:37 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I think it looks good on that plenum cover too.

Quick Reply: What do you think of these Fender Badges