Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI & Brenspeed Tune

Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Robie

Default CAI & Brenspeed Tune

Just got an email from Karen at Brenspeed & she said my tune & CAIwill be done tomorrow & shipped out. Cant wait from what I hear its gonna be like another car. I dread tomorrow morning, I have "jury duty" & have to drive my stang down town & park in the court parking lot, no other way there. I wont sleep a wink tonight. Anyway maybe this w/e the CAI & tune will be here, doubt it but hoping
Old 09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
gnetster

Default RE: CAI & Brenspeed Tune

Enjoy your brenspeed tune and cai. I know I am.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Robie

tanx gnetster. I been reading for 2 months about how this set-up really wakes up my ride. Never heard a bad thing about Brenspeed or the C&L CAI . Next step are the 18" deep dish wheels & tires from American muscle, get rid of my god awful 20" chrome jobs. Then I'm thinkingshorty headers maybe from BBK or whoever. I like the stainlesssteel headers, wont dis-color as bad, maybe cerramic, dont know yet. I was going with the "flo-masters" axle backs but now leaning towards "magna-flows" I hear there a bit better. To bad Brent doesn't have them I could order the magna flows from him & get his free re-tune downloaded. Haven't decided on the x pipe or the h pipe yet. This 05 stang sounds pretty good right now though, looked under it twice to see if it was stock & everything says "Ford" on it so I guess it is. My main concern now is I'm hoping the3 digit & 1 number code on my cumputer I gave to Brent works. I think I may have been re-flashed sometime before. I bought my 05 stang off a dealer lot 2 months ago, I believe I'm the 2nd owner & the 1st also lived here in So. Cal. as I have the old registration but I have full DRL, not just the headlights, All the lights come on 1 min. after start-up. Also the owners manual says if I hold the key in the door in the un-locked position for a couple seconds the windows roll down automacitly, mine dont. Mmmmm, guess we'll just have to wait & see.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

You will not be disappointed with the Brenspeed set-up and yes the car will change quite a bit. It's awesome! On the header front you may want to look into long tube headers as opposed to shorties as you really do not get anything out of the shorties...basically just sound. Let us know how it turns out!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:41 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

You will love your car even more then you already do once you install your tune. I was shocked at the difference after I installed mine.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:19 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Robie

My main concern now is I'm hoping the 3 digit & 1 number code on my cumputer I gave to Brent works. I think I may have been re-flashed sometime before.
I love the Brenspeed tune, you won't regret it. I've been back and forth between different tunes and I'm always back running Brenspeed tune. Plus you get great customer service.

If you're worried about having been reflashed: Once you get your SCT, you should be able to read your current strategy code. Ask someone at Brenspeed if they can verify that it matches the code you gave them.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

read this about strategy codes it will prove quite informative

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=53817
Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Robie

thanks guys again. Without this site I wouldn't know 1/3 the things I know now about mustangs. My first Ford, was always a chevy (back in the good-ol-days with the 327/365HP 60's Vetts.) man. So far this 05 GT has been nice cept everybody looks at me all the time. I'll look into the long tube headers, whatever I decide in the future its all about price verses performance. Some things are real exspensive like a larger throttle body at $250.00+ & only geta coupleHP out of it. Luv to put a Whipple on her but thats a bunch of money, maybe in a year or so. Thanks again, I'll keep ya posted when the C&L CAI & Brents tune gets here & I install it, maybe I'll take some pics--before & after
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i kept spinning the wheels on accident when i first loaded the tunes
Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Hey Robie let us know how it goes o.k.? I want to hear your comments because it is some exciting stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CAI & Brenspeed Tune