Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking tranny on my '07 auto- WTF?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default Leaking tranny on my '07 auto- WTF?!

Well, I just got back from the dealer- in their complimentary shuttlebus- because what I figured was only a "weeping seal" (posted a thread about it yesterday: "Small leak- please advise?") turned out to be a serious issue with the tranny pump and/or bell housing, and they'll have to take the tranny out to repair it (2 days is worst case scenario- with luck she'll ready tomorrow late afternoon).
The service manager was just as surprised as I was, since I've only put 5700 miles on her so far.
He said it's the very first '07 auto he's had with that problem, though he's had a few '05's and '06's.
Anyway, thank GOD for my warranty! I can't tell you HOW happy I am that I got the authorized FRPP installed instead of the usual Brenspeed or B A M A tunes & aftermarket CAI- which could easily have voided it (and at the very least I'd have had to put everything back to stock before bringing her in, hope they didn't get suspicious, then put the CAI & tune back on after the repair).
Same goes for the whipple- which I've been seriously thinking about lately.
Can't tell you how happy I am that I decided to wait at least until my warranty expires, because that would most definitely have voided the warranty for this (COSTLY) repair!

Anybody else happen to have this same issue with their '07 auto...?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Leaking tranny on my '07 auto- WTF?!

I only hope this is not the begining of some more issues...bit my tongue....[]
Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad to hear the dealership is
going to warranty the trans, on the
6000 mile vehicle

it's all about piece of mind and you
have played the mod vs. warranty game,
very well...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

I only hope this is not the begining of some more issues...bit my tongue....[]

What kind of issues would you be talking about (worst case scenario)?
The car's been absolutely perfect so far (not even any squeaks or rattles, no infamous passanger side leak, no suspension "thunk", etc.).
I'm not mechanical, so it's all kinda scary for someone like me.....
Old 09-19-2007, 03:17 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

6000 mile vehicle

very well...

[quote//]

Well, if you mean that I'm just a big chicken and was waaay too scared to take the slightest chance on voiding my beloved warranty- then you're absolutely 100% right (cluck, cluck)...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

Well, I just got back from the dealer- in their complimentary shuttlebus- because what I figured was only a "weeping seal" (posted a thread about it yesterday: "Small leak- please advise?") turned out to be a serious issue with the tranny pump and/or bell housing, and they'll have to take the tranny out to repair it (2 days is worst case scenario- with luck she'll ready tomorrow late afternoon).
The service manager was just as surprised as I was, since I've only put 5700 miles on her so far.
He said it's the very first '07 auto he's had with that problem, though he's had a few '05's and '06's.
Anyway, thank GOD for my warranty! I can't tell you HOW happy I am that I got the authorized FRPP installed instead of the usual Brenspeed or B A M A tunes & aftermarket CAI- which could easily have voided it (and at the very least I'd have had to put everything back to stock before bringing her in, hope they didn't get suspicious, then put the CAI & tune back on after the repair).
Can't tell you how happy I am that I decided to wait at least until my warranty expires, because that would most definitely have voided the warranty for this (COSTLY) repair!

Glad to hear the car will be fixed soon! But a CAI and tune not from Ford would not have voided a Tranny Warranty...the parts aren't even related. It's like saying your tire cause a piston to burn out or your A/C went out because you put in aftermarket brakes. The two are just not related.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

since theyre repairing and not replacing, see if you can insist on some free synthetic for the tranny..
Old 09-19-2007, 03:28 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Glad to hear the car will be fixed soon! But a CAI and tune not from Ford would not have voided a Tranny Warranty...the parts aren't even related. It's like saying your tire cause a piston to burn out or your A/C went out because you put in aftermarket brakes. The two are just not related.

You..might..be right..about that- but they could say that the aftermarket tune put too much stress on the tranny, and then I'd have to get a lawyer to fight them (and FoMoCo!) on it.
Who needs that kind of stress...?!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:29 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

no no not chicken!

you were concerned about waranty right from the
git go and now it's payoff time.

those of us who have gambled our warranties
away, may not be so happy when our
time comes....

6000 mile vehicle

very well...

[quote//]

Well, if you mean that I'm just a big chicken and was waaay too scared to take the slightest chance on voiding my beloved warranty- then you're absolutely 100% right (cluck, cluck)...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:36 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

no no not chicken!

you were concerned about waranty right from the
git go and now it's payoff time.

those of us who have gambled our warranties
away, may not be so happy when our
time comes....

6000 mile vehicle

very well...

[quote//]

Yes, yes, I AM a chicken when it concerns my new baby GT- but in this case, that's turned out to be a GOOD thing!

I've been having such a tough time lately deciding to wait 2 years for the whipple, but now I can finally sleep again knowing that, in my case at least, I made the right choice (not to mention saving myself from getting a sh!tload of speeding and reckless driving tickets......)

Quick Reply: Leaking tranny on my '07 auto- WTF?!