Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford racing parts value?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:44 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford racing parts value?

Hey folks,

Just wondering what the general consensus is on the newly released Ford Racing parts for the V6. Here's a link to a page that I had searched on...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/search.asp?q=v6

I was looking at the suspension, dual exhaust, and short throw shifter. I'm sure that I could find each of these components cheaper, but do you think the added cost is worth the warranty that comes with them? Parts add up to $2212.95, before installation. Not sure who manufactures the exhaust, but the shifter is Hurst, and the suspension is kind of vague on who makes it. What would be a ballpark estimate on getting these, or better, components? That will help me out a bit, to decide if the markup is justified by the warranty. Thanks!

Note: I was also thinking about using the markup on these parts to justify having them add the parts for the comfort group, minus the leather, to the car... Just a thought. I'd let them order the leather too, as long as it's Mach 1 style from TMI.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford racing parts value?

Been checking, looks like the price for the exhaust is pretty reasonable, the only one I found that was cheaper is the Pypes setup, and I heard those were really drone-prone. The shifter's about $70 more than at other e/retailers. The suspension is something I'm not too familiar with, so I'm not sure if Ford's price is on the high side or not. Truth be told, aside from a tuner, these parts are all I'd put on the wife's car for performance anyway. I'll let her decide if she wants to add a S/C or turbo later. Come on folks, weigh in already!!![8D]Before I forget, the handling pack for the V6, does it include the parts from the Pony package, or does it add and replace that with better components???
Old 09-19-2007, 09:41 PM
VirginiaStang06

Not sure if she has a intake and tune allready but that will really help out power wise. I heard fords intake and tune is decent but if you get one from a good website it will really help. Its easy to put in and easy to retune back to stock if you have to take it to the dealer for some reason.try searching on fords handling packs...im sure you can find alot of info on that.

good luck
Old 09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, it's just the intake and handling pack I'm concerned with, the exhaust looks to be a really good buy, especially since it's got a standard x pipe included. I wonder if anyone's already got the Ford stuff on their car, since it just hit the website last week... Also noticed that the $925 they charge to upgrade to 18" wheels and tires is a really good deal, so I've "convinced" her to go with some bullit wheels, instead of the Konig Hotswaps.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Bump

Sorry, some misinformation in the last post. I checked again, and there's no intake offered for the V6, just the V8's. Only thing Ford has released so far, is a suspension upgrade, exhaust upgrade, and shifter upgrade for the V6. I guess I'll just get a drop in K&N filter for the stock airbox. Still looking for a lil' feedback on what folks think about the price of the Ford exhaust. Who makes it, anyway?