Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Felt really punked for first time in my new 07' GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default Felt really punked for first time in my new 07' GT

I'm on my way home from work on I-35 north, Austin, TX to Round Rock, TX this afternoon and I happen to look in my side view mirror. I see this beautiful yellow domed hood coming up on my side. When he gets next to me, I look down at the fender and see the S badge. Basically this car was riding beside me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-S...spagenameZWDVW

Except it was a convertible. I always thought my car was pretty cool, but let me tell you I was feeling woefully STOCK at that time . I've never seen an actual Saleen in person, much less a yellow one. That car was freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!! I always thought they were way overpriced, but once you see one in person it makes you think that it just may be worth it.

We rode beside each other giving thumbs up for awhile and then he sped off north, I'm assuming towards Dallas, TX because no one in between Austin and Dallas can probably afford that car. We each rev'd our motors couple times and I have to say mine sounded a lot better. That's all that was better though. That car was extremely hot. I'll take my h-pipe and give up the couple of ponies for that muscle sound...
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Felt really punked for first time in my new 07' GT

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

I'm on my way home from work on I-35 north, Austin, TX to Round Rock, TX this afternoon and I happen to look in my side view mirror. I see this beautiful yellow domed hood coming up on my side. When he gets next to me, I look down at the fender and see the S badge. Basically this car was riding beside me:

Except it was a convertible. I always thought my car was pretty cool, but let me tell you I was feeling woefully STOCK at that time . I've never seen an actual Saleen in person, much less a yellow one. That car was freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!! I always thought they were way overpriced, but once you see one in person it makes you think that it just may be worth it.

We rode beside each other giving thumbs up for awhile and then he sped off north, I'm assuming towards Dallas, TX because no one in between Austin and Dallas can probably afford that car. We each rev'd our motors couple times and I have to say mine sounded a lot better. That's all that was better though. That car was extremely hot. I'll take my h-pipe and give up the couple of ponies for that muscle sound...
Okay, that was a neato story up until that point... [&:]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ok,it wasn't exactlyfor awhile[8D]. ah, you get the point.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:26 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Okay, that was a neato story up until that point... [&:]
ROFLMAO!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:28 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Old 09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

k, I'll just keep myexperiences to myself from now on. my mistake that you guys would like to hear it.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

k, I'll just keep myexperiences to myself from now on. my mistake that you guys would like to hear it.
We're just messin' with you

or are we? [8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:33 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

35 is dangerous especially during that stretchof road.glad nobody wrecked while staring at each other..
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 PM
PolozLX
1st Gear Member

I love the Saleen's myself. The first time I saw one I felt butterflies. 1990 @ Cumberland Mall in Atlanta, getting school clothes. Ahhhh, the good ole days....
Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yeah, it was bumper to bumper at 35 mph. We were probably pissing people off just by riding alongside each other.

Quick Reply: Felt really punked for first time in my new 07' GT