Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just washed my car and it rained

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Just washed my car and it rained

Don't you hate it when you take the time to wash your car, then 5 seconds later it starts raining. I was drying my car at the car wash...and it started pouring. So I said screw it, its gonna get wet anyways. Also I can never seem to get the brake dust off my front rims. What is a good rim cleaner?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just washed my car and it rained

Its ok... At least you got all the previous crap off.

Think of it this way... Would you rather have wasted time doing a car wash then have it rain, or would you rather have been by passing the car wash and drive home instead, only to get hit by a drunk driver and killed instantly?

Things in life may seem bad, but just think of how worse they could've been!

EDIT: As for rim cleaning, I just overspray the tire shine stuff and that cleans the rims just fine.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

Yeah man I do!

I just washed my car last weekend and I've been hitting it with the California Duster to keep it fairly clean.

Well, I forgot to dust it on thursday and what do you think happens during the night?

Yep...it frikkin rains. But not a heavy rain that washes the dust away, but just a light enough rain where it leaves little dust water "blobs" that make my car look like ****.

I tell ya. It just aint fair. [:@]
Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ME TOO!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:51 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

I like to wash my car right before it rains at night so that I dont have to dry it. As long as you soap it up, rinse it off, then let it rain, it will not leave any water spots. Works great! Oh and my car is black.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I hate it when it rains while im driving or before i have to go out, then i get that wet mess and dirt all bunched up right above the bumper it makes the car look like crap
Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 PM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

I feel for you man. I washed my car car over the weekend because it had been raining off and on the week before. What do you know literally within a few hours of doing this it starts storming and proceeds to rain pretty much nonstop for 4 days straight! Now the thing is covered in palm clippings and salt [:@].
Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Count your blessings! Here in dought stricken Los Angeles we are approaching 130 days without any rain!

I did actually make it rain a few weeks ago. I not only washed my car but, since that hadn't been working to create rain, I took the umbrella out of my trunk! It worked! 2 days later, when I was in Dana Point, we got a big thunderstorm!
They're saying to expect rain tonight... should I leave my car out? We really need all that rain you guys back east and in east Texas have gotten!

Anyway, I will wash my tires and rims first, before the rest of the car, using this special Meguire's wheel scrub brush to clean the wide rims. It's hard to get through the spokes to get all that area behind them, but if you take your time and maybe use that stuff you spray on first, it'll come out great. Just be sure to fully rinse the bucket before doing the rest of the car!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Right now because of my business stuff taking up all the room in my garage, my car has to sit outside. So I bought a car cover to put over it. It does help keep the dust off and when it rains, it helps keep from leaving water spots.
Since the stang is not my daily driver, I don't drive it in the rain, so it stays nice and clean with the car cover.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

washing the car=rain dance....didnt you know?

Quick Reply: Just washed my car and it rained