Im so Pi$$^& with Ford right now! - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Im so Pi$$^& with Ford right now!

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Im so Pi$$^& with Ford right now!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:08 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Im so Pi$$^& with Ford right now!

I feel ya and have been there and done that but give them a chance to rectify the situation before "hating" Ford. Stealerships suck but we are stuck with them and must deal with it like it or not. They seem to have been honest so far and hopefully the body shop is good and takes care of the front bumper!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:00 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

yeh, when i picked up my car, if i didnt open the hood, my friend wouldnt have noticed the cracked headlight bracket....which took another 2 hours for them to fix, and they had to rip one off another car. But in ordre to do that they have to go in through the wheel well, so it was just a big annoying mess ahah
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Good time to replace the front fascia if you want..
Old 09-21-2007, 02:15 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I have the mother of all dealer F-ups. My wifes brand new explorer got rear ended 2 months after purchase so I took it to the dealer we bought from to have their body shop put a new bumper on it and pull a dent from the hatch door. No big deal right? Took 6 trips back to get the car fixed. I kept finding runs in the paint, clearcoat running down the windshield, dented chrome wheels, etc. They got clearcoat all over the freakin car somehow so I made them clean the whole car up. Some dip**** took a razor blade to the windows to scrape the clear coat off of them and scratchd the hell out of every sincle one. I got new glass all the way around and they paid for the re-tint. 6 trips. And I had to drive a damn focus every time it sat in the shop.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

You have a good dealership. They showed you what "they" did and are repairing it. That one is a keeper.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: owero01

You have a good dealership. They showed you what "they" did and are repairing it. That one is a keeper.
+1, stuff happens at all dealers, a good honest one owns up, doesn't play any games and fixes it. Sounds to me that you have a good one, hope the repair goes well. Ask for a couple free oil changes due to the inconvienence.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 PM
dshlvrsn

+1 on the "stuff happens." I'm on my way to drop of my vert... again... Waited months for the side rails to get redesigned and parts to get made. Got them put in... (FWIW almost no dealerships do their own convertible work. It's all farmed out to upholstery shops...) In the dealer parking lot the top went about half way down and stopped. Wouldn't go either way. Turns out one of the hydrolic lines were not reconnected to the motor.They were kind enough to give me a focus as a loner. Got the car back two weeks later. Top works... kinda. A bunch of little annoying things that I was just ready to ignore then while filling up the car I noticed that the back seat was bubbling. Big huge oval where the motor is. Looks like the foam is melting under the leather. This is the second set of rails I've had installed for the top so I know that they can be replaced without messing up the car. Shame that the outside vendor is going to cost the dealer a lot of business / credibility...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Thats suck @$$! But at least they didn't try to hide it or say it wasn't their fault. Sorry about that though...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

They screwed up, but seem to be doing the right thing to rectify it.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I've owned many fords and I can work on all of them..Idiots are everywhere that's why my favorite hobbies are farming, hunting and working on cars.. I'm on lotto ticket away from secluded Montana....