Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed C&L Intake and Brenspeed Tune Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Installed C&L Intake and Brenspeed Tune Tonight

ORIGINAL: Toad

I live at sea level, and my tires chirp shifting into 3rd with WOT even with TCS left on. Those at higher elevations might not see this, methinks, due to the lower ambient air pressure.

In response to my earlier post, I called Brenspeed to ask about the touchy throttle pedal, and they told me they can reduce the sensitivity, but it will affect the performance. I'm going to drive it for a while to see if I can get used to it. I don't want to sacrifice any of my new-found YEEHAW!

They also told me their tunes make gear shifts at 6500 rpm at WOT. Thhey can reduce this as well if wanted, but again, it's for performance. I'm comfortable with that.
Hmmm, why does Brenspeed auto tune shift at 6500 and B ama sets his to shift at 5900?
6500 seems high, and 5900 seems too low. I'm at 5000' elevation...chirp 2nd and chirped 3rd
once on an onramp that had a slight bend.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:33 PM
gnetster

You will get used to it.

I live at sea level, and my tires chirp shifting into 3rd with WOT even with TCS left on. Those at higher elevations might not see this, methinks, due to the lower ambient air pressure.

In response to my earlier post, I called Brenspeed to ask about the touchy throttle pedal, and they told me they can reduce the sensitivity, but it will affect the performance. I'm going to drive it for a while to see if I can get used to it. I don't want to sacrifice any of my new-found YEEHAW!

They also told me their tunes make gear shifts at 6500 rpm at WOT. Thhey can reduce this as well if wanted, but again, it's for performance. I'm comfortable with that.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I install my Pypes O/R H pipe and 91 Brenspeed tune on Monday. Already had the Roush CAI & FRPP Stingers.

Looking forward to the results.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Toad
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

Hmmm, why does Brenspeed auto tune shift at 6500 and B ama sets his to shift at 5900?
6500 seems high, and 5900 seems too low. I'm at 5000' elevation...chirp 2nd and chirped 3rd
once on an onramp that had a slight bend.
Yeah I wondered that myself. From all of the dyno sheets I've seen on the internet, most torque peaks occur fairly low on the rpm scale. Horsepower peaks a bit higher, but starts to drop around 6,000. I guess one part of the equation I don't know is the rpms at the bottom of the shift...ie the rpm pointin 4th when shifted from 3rd. Too short a shift and you'll drop too low on the cale, too high and you may damage the engine, or at the very least run past the optimum point. Maybe someone who knows more than I could shed some light? Does the fact that both torque AND horsepower decrease at near 6,000 mean it should shift there? Or is there some benefit to keeping it in gear a bit higher?