Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head On Collision Tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:31 AM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Default Head On Collision Tonight...

Thankfully, I avoided it BUT I may have f'd up something underneath my car. I don't have a creeper so I don't know how to really check. I was waiting at a red light to make a left turn out of a shopping center and all of a sudden some @sshole turns from the highway oncoming towards my f'ing car so I chose to drive OVER the f'ing median that divides the correct lanes from the wrong lanes. Some @ss almost plowed into me tonight. The median was small with no grass but it met at a point and I heard two thuds as I drove my f'ing car over it. I felt bad doing it but I didn't have many options. I hate to hurt my 'Stang. I didn't mean to hurt 'her'. I have never seen the bottom of 'her' so I don't know what hit...the axles...the suspension...the pumpkin? Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

I know this isn't V8 Related...do we have an accident thread?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Head On Collision Tonight...

Well, good thing the median is all you hit! Did you get the other guys info, or was it near hit and run?

Anyway, if you climbed a median, at the very least, you need to get the alignment checked. I'd consider running by afull service typeshop and have them inspect the car especially underneath and the suspension. You didn't say how high the curb was, so I'm just assuming the worst.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Foots
1st Gear Member

If you can post pics it would help.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:21 AM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Pics of underneath my car or the median I drove over?

The median wasn't too high, but it came to a point so it wasn't flat...I'd say 6-8 inches...I'm not sure...I drove over it at maybe 5-10mph...It was dark and all I saw was headlights coming towards me. No collision happened...I just got the he11 outta there.

Should I go to the dealership or like a Meineke shop...the guys at a Meineke near me are cool and have worked there forever?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtmike

Should I go to the dealership or like a Meineke shop...the guys at a Meineke near me are cool and have worked there forever?
So it sounds like it was pretty minor damage if any. Go with who you trust - sounds like Meineke.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

so I don't know what hit...the axles...the suspension...the pumpkin? Any ideas?
The exhaust!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 AM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

So you think I may have hit the stock exhaust pipes on the median? That means I'll have an excuseto upgrade, haha.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I would of went after that guy; he could of killed you.

but as fair as damg, i did take my 3000gt up a curb doing about 25mph(long story) and i ended up bending a rim, riped my rad, and i need some new shocks.

O and my air bags went off; so i need new air bags, windshield, etc.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
10SPROGT06

That sucks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/62180/270823C9EAEE404F947BE31B1C74B0A3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtmike

Thankfully, I avoided it BUT I may have f'd up something underneath my car. I don't have a creeper so I don't know how to really check. I was waiting at a red light to make a left turn out of a shopping center and all of a sudden some @sshole turns from the highway oncoming towards my f'ing car so I chose to drive OVER the f'ing median that divides the correct lanes from the wrong lanes. Some @ss almost plowed into me tonight. The median was small with no grass but it met at a point and I heard two thuds as I drove my f'ing car over it. I felt bad doing it but I didn't have many options. I hate to hurt my 'Stang. I didn't mean to hurt 'her'. I have never seen the bottom of 'her' so I don't know what hit...the axles...the suspension...the pumpkin? Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

I know this isn't V8 Related...do we have an accident thread?
Uhm, what does a creeper have to do with checking? You jack the car up on stands and slide under on your back. How does not having a creeper stop you??

Quick Reply: Head On Collision Tonight...