Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope this was none of you.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I hope this was none of you.....

ORIGINAL: Sumguy30

I've been in Cali for a whole weeks now and I'm glad Im leaving. This is one of the craziest states to drive a huge truck in.
Maybe you'll get lucky and get stuck in Ohio for a week to.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Robie

I also live in So. Cal. not far from the I-15 & I to drive a truck. Sorry California but u folks just dont know how to drive in the rain. The harder it rains the faster I see people drive. In fog its even worse. I cant see 50 feet in front of me but people pass me like I'm standing still. I'm originaly from back east & drove in snow, sleet, rain, u name it. Just slow down 10mph!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/74202/791F907D5CA440BFA8569CF5D6ED4E2C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

I just left So-Cal, and I do not miss it at all. If I have my way, I will not go back there. I always hated driving that section of I-15. Don't you guys know that Californians, on average, view bad driving as their right guarenteed in their state's constitution. Along with the knowlege that everything causes cancer and people can not think for themselves - so the government needs to tell them what is best for them.

The previous statements are meant for humor only.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:41 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

alot of us have been there and
done that

the pony has a sprained ankle and
looks like it will be alright
Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Robie

I also live in So. Cal. not far from the I-15 & I to drive a truck. Sorry California but u folks just dont know how to drive in the rain. The harder it rains the faster I see people drive. In fog its even worse. I cant see 50 feet in front of me but people pass me like I'm standing still. I'm originaly from back east & drove in snow, sleet, rain, u name it. Just slow down 10mph!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/74202/791F907D5CA440BFA8569CF5D6ED4E2C.jpg[/IMG]
I'll agree with that 110%.

I get people around here that want to try racing me in the rain...IDIOCY. I see big trucks (not tractor trailers, but things like F150's and big Dodge trucks) trying to cut off little cars. I see little cars like Civics, Focuses, etc. cutting off big trucks, or pulling in front of them and slamming on the brakes to "teach them a lesson".

As for the Mustang, it sucks that this guy is spun out, but if they were speeding, driving unsafely, etc. then it stands to reason that they would have spun out...
Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 AM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

I saw another reck a few years ago which was kinda funny. It was rainin and I was on I-10 by 1604 and some guy in an oversized pick-up went flying past me and I was already going 70. He tried to change into my lane quickly once he got infront of me and instead slid into a muddy ditch. Didnt hurt himself or anybody else, only made himself look stupid. [8D]
ORIGINAL: Sarge_13

ORIGINAL: ChrisRod

No wasnt me or anybody that I know of, sad to see another stang down. In fact just last night after leaving my girlfriends house I past through an intersection at Highway 281 & Bitters in San Antonio and a 06 GT was mangled and over on its back. From what I could tell a H3 broadsided it. Couldnt tell if anybody was killed or not but the mustang was beyond totalled.
Thats a dangerous intersection to say the least. I saw it too going to the Home Depot thats like right there.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:31 AM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

i remember once driving north on ca 5......two dodge trucks (obviously modded) blazed past me racing eachother.....ten minutes later i saw two totalled trucks on the side of the road.....it was them.....dumb as sh*t
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM
jerimiahy16
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sumguy30

I've been in Cali for a whole week now and I'm glad Im leaving. This is one of the craziest states to drive a huge truck in.
I empathise. I drive a 22 foot flat bed I drive for work on weekdays. It's not so bad in my area but when we get closer to alexandria/richmond south to MD/DC it gets nuts. I've lost track of how many times I've barely avoided a collision. Also seems like there's at least one accident on I395 (alexandria) at all times. i495 SE frequent, i95 always at least 1, and ofcourse local roads too.

My favorite thus far has to be the 2 flaming cars parked solo on the side of the road. One was on the main resi leading to my former appartment and thank god some how or another none of the flames caught on any of the vegitation surrounding large section of apartments/town homes. The other was on route 28sitting beside a cement barrier during rush hour I thought this one was going to explode...

I hope they learned to check for leaks next time.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:51 PM
todd_07mustangGT

i had an 05 mustang before recently getting my 07 GT and it had traction control... i don't remember if it was an option or not tho. At least the car in the pic looked like it wasn't to badly damaged.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: linesma

I just left So-Cal, and I do not miss it at all. If I have my way, I will not go back there. I always hated driving that section of I-15. Don't you guys know that Californians, on average, view bad driving as their right guarenteed in their state's constitution. Along with the knowlege that everything causes cancer and people can not think for themselves - so the government needs to tell them what is best for them.

The previous statements are meant for humor only.

I don't have a sense of humour but I agree with your previous comments

Quick Reply: I hope this was none of you.....