Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I wait for the 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:53 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I wait for the 2009?

+1 on waiting.

The 2010 Mustang will be out in summer 2009, considering it's almost 2008, that's not very long to wait at all. If you've made it this long without buying one (3+ years), then, you might as well hang out a little while longer. It's sort of like quitting a marathon after 25 miles.

Not to mention Ford has to compete with the new Camaro, which will also be out about the same time period. If the new Camaro becomes a hot car, then Ford might be very willing to deal on the Mustang. Not to mention that special versions will be out to keep interest up.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Id hate to say it but I think people take life for granted. You only live once - and its short. Why throw away another year of fun just to wait on something that might be better? If you live to be 70, that one year was over 1% of your life gone to waiting.

Are you sure you'll live to see 2009 anyways? When 2009 does come around, what happens when theres a spy-photo of a 2011 Mustang with a huge engine and revamped looks, are you going to wait even longer? Now you'll be up to 3-4 years gone off of your life by then.

Just buy want you want now. Something WILL come out that is better down the road and guess what, you can trade in and get that. But wait, by then you might be very rich and just have both cars. You never know because its so far off from now.

Just live life now and, if you're still alive, live life later too.
+1, people forget we only have an extremely limited time on earth, which is one of the reasons I went with the mustang as my daily driver over say a more fuel efficient car. I want to spend my time driving in the best and most powerful car that I can personally afford.

There will always be a new style every 5 years or so, but you said it yourself how much you love the current style. IMO, this style isn't going to be lost and forgotten sort of like the mid 90s through 04 styles are now...this is a timeless design, a design that will stay cool for just about forever just like the original mustangs still are, and thats the point. As for the horsepower gains, if you're worried about that, buy a GT500. Its like beating a dead horse around here, but theres always going to be more powerful cars.

Hey, and if you really like the new style, maybe you can buy that in addition to the GT, because you know, you only live once
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

Frankly I don't think I would want to wait for an appearance change because I really like what they've done for the stock s197. its just great looking without any work. By saying you think about waiting just in case they come out with an appearance change that you would really like tells me you're not won over by the current body style. Well, for that matter, just get one and then change the appearance to what YOU want.

I would only wait for money.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

One thing to consider, have you seen the Mustang sales numbers this year, WAY DOWN, Ford is going to have to boost sales and I say more HP, newer style coming sooner then later (but then you have to deal with first year new car issues).
Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

Id hate to say it but I think people take life for granted. You only live once - and its short. Why throw away another year of fun just to wait on something that might be better? If you live to be 70, that one year was over 1% of your life gone to waiting.

Are you sure you'll live to see 2009 anyways? When 2009 does come around, what happens when theres a spy-photo of a 2011 Mustang with a huge engine and revamped looks, are you going to wait even longer? Now you'll be up to 3-4 years gone off of your life by then.

Just buy want you want now. Something WILL come out that is better down the road and guess what, you can trade in and get that. But wait, by then you might be very rich and just have both cars. You never know because its so far off from now.

+1, people forget we only have an extremely limited time on earth, which is one of the reasons I went with the mustang as my daily driver over say a more fuel efficient car. I want to spend my time driving in the best and most powerful car that I can personally afford.

There will always be a new style every 5 years or so, but you said it yourself how much you love the current style. IMO, this style isn't going to be lost and forgotten sort of like the mid 90s through 04 styles are now...this is a timeless design, a design that will stay cool for just about forever just like the original mustangs still are, and thats the point. As for the horsepower gains, if you're worried about that, buy a GT500. Its like beating a dead horse around here, but theres always going to be more powerful cars.

Hey, and if you really like the new style, maybe you can buy that in addition to the GT, because you know, you only live once

Not bad for an 18 year old.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Your nutttttttts if you buy a 2008 Stang GT now...............
In a few months the 2009 Stang GT will be out and I am sure you will also get it at
Invoice since fords is rated in the stock market as JUNK ratings................
You are telling me that the money is burning a hole in your pocket?
I am sure the 2009 Stang GT will be out before the summer time....
Soooooo maybe the smal problems you might have,,,,the warrenty will cover.
I have a 2006 Stang GT and I have the same problems the 2005s have.........
I would wait a few months,,,and the car will be a 2009 and not a 2010................................JT
Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

Not bad for an 18 year old.
Thank you I have those days where I lie in bed waiting to fall asleep when the shock hits me that I'm not always going to be a living breathing being; it's truely a weird feeling, very scary.

Most people think they are invincible, and being in college I'm constantly surrounded by the drugs and drinking, both of which I have never tried mainly because I want to spend as much time here as possible...I still have fun without that garbage, and the Mustang is a way for me to do that. At the same time, I'm not going to lie to you and say I haven't done stupid things, probably the dumbest being the curiosity of how fast my car goes. But I look back on that situation of how stupid it was and how easily things can go wrong, so now I'll just stick to the quick acceleration every now and then instead of wrapping myself around a tree at 110 mph.