Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Stang GTs will be a tad different....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:16 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2009 Stang GTs will be a tad different....

I think he has something of a point. I'm definitely not selling my 2006, especially with so few miles on it. There will always be something newer, faster and better. At some point you have to either go broke or be happy with what you have.

However, we're only a year or so away from a refreshed car. If I didn't already own a Mustang, then, I wouldn't purchase a 2008 unless I really need a vehicle right away. Waiting only a year or two is sure to pay off.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I just bought my 07 but if the 09 comes out with a bigger engine than I wont think twice about trading in. I do this with cars. I too like to have the warranty and simply get sick of one car after a while. I just pay more than I need to each month so that when it comes time to trade in, I'm in the black and can put down a decent amount. I also only drive about 5,000k/year which helps with the trade in.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

You might as well lease if your turnover rate is that high[8D]
Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Dont get me wrong, I loved my 04 and both of my 07s (member the first got creamed) but Im looking forward to 2009 myself. There will be some different goodies coming (the Boss, maybe the Bullit, and who knows what else). Plus, having the Ford hook-up sure does help matters a lot!!!! [sm=happy046.gif]

So, Im with ya, Im getting the ITCH!!!!!!! [sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

The Camaro will be a poser vehicle, trust me. The rich guys who loved transformers or loves the new looks will buy it and not have a clue what to do with it. Also, many 'Vette fans who can't afford Vettes will buy it, and again, not know what to do with it.

I would honestly look at the Challenger when it debuts.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The Camaro will be a poser vehicle, trust me. The rich guys who loved transformers or loves the new looks will buy it and not have a clue what to do with it. Also, many 'Vette fans who can't afford Vettes will buy it, and again, not know what to do with it.
I think that is kind of a ridiculus statement. There are alot of Camaro enthusiasts out there who are itching to get one.
Transformers did not make the Camaro.
Sure there will be plenty that won't be able to afford an SS or Z28.. but there will be some that can.
And there are plenty of rich guys out there that know what to do with a car..... Trust me, we have a few on our forums.
And I know some as well here where I live.
You might not enjoy what the new Camaro has to offer, but saying only rich people who won't know what to do with em will buy em is
way off.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

The Camaro will be a poser vehicle, trust me.
Uh, Ok....
Old 09-26-2007, 10:51 AM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

why would you waste all that dough, by 09 i hope to have my saleen supercharger, so regardless of what engine you have i'd smoke you. and honestly, why are you people buying these cars and only buying ones that you moderatly enjoy. pick the right car the first time. i love my stang and could never think of getting rid of it.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I love my stang and will be keeping it... no way I trade it + I have too much money invested in the car so it's not worth it IMO. Now if the 09 looks good I'll just get that... no one really knows anything about it though so we'll see
Old 09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bcstang

why would you waste all that dough, by 09 i hope to have my saleen supercharger, so regardless of what engine you have i'd smoke you. and honestly, why are you people buying these cars and only buying ones that you moderatly enjoy. pick the right car the first time. i love my stang and could never think of getting rid of it.
I don't "moderately"like my car. I love my car. ButI'd be lying if I said when the new mustang comes out, if it I like the way it looks and it performs better, I won't want one.
As foryou smoking me if I buythe next genMustang because you "hope to haveyour saleen supercharger", what does thathave to do with anything? Will it be impossible to supercharge the 09?

Quick Reply: 2009 Stang GTs will be a tad different....