Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen SC question about Stop Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:17 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Default Saleen SC question about Stop Bolt

This question is for anyone with a Saleen Supercharger. Did anyone mess up their stop bolt? I'm not sure I paid close enough attention when i removed it. Did anyone else have this issue? How does the stop bolt work ? Any information is appreciated thanks.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen SC question about Stop Bolt

there was one member who played
with it a little, after the install....don't
remember who it was....i don't recall that
it did anything significant.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/FD2ABE1C090249D59E203C533DC64029.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-27-2007, 04:12 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Wow only one reply. Ok herewas the deal.

I was only getting 5 psi for some reason.We just spent the last 6 hours working on the supercharger on a dyno. It turns out my stop bolt was to long. With the stop bolt screwed down all the way, till it would move no more only got me 4 psi. When we took the bolt all the way out we got8 psi. We ended up cutting the stop bolt down then installing, withalittletweaking, Igot 10 PSI. Now the messed up part is we didn't touch the stop bolt until5 hours and 30 minutes into taking everything apart putting stuff back together.I couldn't re-dyno the car for #'s since I left my SCT with the dyno tune at home.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm glad it all worked out for ya....

what pulley are you using while getting
all that boost

Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

With the 3.4 pulley I get an avg of 8 1/2 psi when I hit the gas, if I keep holding gas it hits 9 1/2 sometimes. When we did the dyno I got the same horsepower with 8 psi that I did when the boost gauge hit 10 PSI.

On my way to work this morning I decided to do a test. I had swapped the bolts that neededan allen wrench with square bolts on the supercharger to make adjusting this stuff easier. First I made my stop bolt touch the metal piece on the pump actuator. I lost 2 psi of boost. I then moved the stop bolt so it would not to touch the pump actuator and my boost came back. As A final test I loosened the metal bracket that holds the bypass actuator onto the supercharger and pushed it all the way down. I drove for 40 miles and my boost neverwent past 5psi. I pulled over and moved the bracket as far up as it would go and my boost was back to normal. It was interesting to see how much boost I lost when the bracket was moved down. The only way I can get my full boost is to have the stop bolt not touching anything and having the pump actuator's bracket pushed as far up as it can go.

Previously in this post I posted how I thought the stop bolt was the reason I wasn't getting boost. We were able to adjust the stop bolt and prove we lost boost or gained it back depending on which way the stopbolt went. When we took the supercharger apart to figure out what was causing this problem we did remove the pump actuator bracket. I guess when the pump actuator's bracket was reinstalled it was put in the correct spot. I didn't realize that the bracket also made a difference.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Not to bring up an old thread but I found something in the saleen instructions I find interesting.

Step #17
Note the position of the bypass nut on
the bypass stop bolt
(arrow in
FIGURE 11
and remove the bolt
from the manifold using a 4mm Allen
tool with ¼†drive ratchet

So the saleen instructions tell you to remove the bolt in the first place. Thats maybe why I didn't think anything of it. I wish I could of told Saleen support that YOU told me to remove it!.. They asked why I removed it in the first place.