Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 GT/CS Drk Candy Apple Red

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:51 AM
CAL SPC 2007
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2008 GT/CS Drk Candy Apple Red

I actually had a matte black scoop color in mind, not a glossy one, I should have specified. I once owned an actual BOSS 302 1970 cougar eliminator in competition orange and the original scoop was matte black, Eliminator striping was black and rear spoiler was orange with black striping.

I have the GT scoop on my car, I ordered it that way, but if I had it to do over again, I would order it without one and go with a shaker scoop, those are matte black and they look cool on any color IMO.

If you really want candy apple red, I am pretty sure you can order the scoop and just have someone paint it, a little more hassle, but find the right body shop and it won't be too expensive. You are just asking them to paint a thing that is about 15 inches long or so. The car is brand new, so it will match if done by a quality shop using the paint code.

Car looks great either way! I agree with earlier post to get rid of that dealership sticker, unless they are gonna pay her to drive around with their name on it!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

I like her car a lot. Then again, I'm rather partial to the red (be it Candy Apple or Redfire) GT/CS!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:49 AM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Haven't seen any parts out yet for the new color, you may have to wait a little bit longer to get the scoop til the aftermarket starts putting it out.

As for the rattle, my '06 was auto and it was the shifter. When driving it, kinda pull back and put pressure on the shifter without taking it out of gear. If the rattle stops, then it's the shifter. I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that it was due to a spring vibrating in the mechanism somewhere. Regardless, it's under warranty, and if you have an annoying rattle, take it to the dealer to get rid of it!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

leave it as it is!!! scoops, aside from the shaker, really lower the appearance of the car... i vote hoodpins instead! bitchin car though...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

The rattle is most likely the trim ring around the shifter. Mine does the same thing a simple tap on it when it begins stops it. It got worse since installing the Chrome SHR Bezel.

As for the scoop you can get it from the dealer although it will be paint to match.

Richard
Old 09-27-2007, 12:11 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Not a fan of that color with the CS stripes. I like the black and white versions the best But she could get the hood scoop from Ford. She should try a different dealer if that one is giving her problems, I know for a fact they sell the hood scoop in parts. I've never see a GT/CS come without the hood scoop though. Also, spending that much money on a car, she should know if she purchased the ambient lighting I would think The button should be by the cup holders, it's pretty obvious so she might not have it in that case.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

make sure the rattle isn't coming from the e-brake handle...
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

Beautiful car!!! Mine is also missing the hood scoop, but I like it that way.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the compliments. I'll be sure to tell her. It will make her feel good.

I told her to scrape off the dealer name with her fingernail and just wipe the area with a rag afterward. I guess she will get around to doing that. I try not to push her too hard on doing anything to her car...no matter how small. She knows I've done a lot of stuff to mine, and I don't want her to think I'm trying to tell her what to do with hers...even if it is something simple like taking off the dealer name.

The rattle occurs when she's going about 25mph and the engine hits the right note and you hear this rattle...not really loud, but not exactly something you can ignore either. She will probably take it to a dealer to fix it.

I may try to convince her to get a black lower grill to cover the gaping hole the CS has down there. Don't want any unfortunate Hondas getting stuck in there
Old 09-27-2007, 06:41 PM
gtvert06
1st Gear Member

I had a rattle in my auto. It was the overdrive button. Try holding the button when you hear the rattle. My button was very loose. The dealer was clueless so I took it apart and put it back and it stopped. That was a year ago.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT/CS Drk Candy Apple Red