Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever dealt with MRT direct?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Srt2Stang725
2nd Gear Member

Default Has anyone ever dealt with MRT direct?

I ordered a shift **** from them 3 weeks ago. They then sent me a confirmation email saying thatUPS will send me a tracking number when my order has shipped...so after a week and a half or so of waiting and no tracking number, i contact them through the website. After 2-3 days of waiting for a response i decided to call them. The person i speak with says my **** is on backorder and they are expecting more to arrive early next week (next week being monday 9/24) So early yesterday morning after still not hearing anything from them i contact them again through the website, and i still have no response, and the 2 things that make me mad are 1. the fact that they already charged my credit card anddidnt even tell me that the item is on backorder and 2. i just got emailed a survey to rate them...and im not one to bash companies so im going to wait until i at least get a response from them to rate them...and i think ive been more than fair with my patience and its starting to wear thin. Anyone have any input?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone ever dealt with MRT direct?

Always call...Emails are very impersonal, and people don't really seem to give a **** when it's impersonal.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

I never ordered, but I had a tech question on one of thier products, and was promised a call-back that never happened.. kinda turned me off them.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
WAGSTER05

I ordered a axel back exhaust and had no problem. I called and they said it was in stock so I placed the order and got it in less than a week.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

Always call...Emails are very impersonal, and people don't really seem to give a **** when it's impersonal.
Then don't have a website. This is the 21st century. Everything is online. People want to do their shopping and inquiries at their own leisure. I personally refuse to talk on the phone and only do business with companies who have websites and respondin a timely manner over the internet. Look at how many people text instead of call now. I'm not the only one. Personally, I talk on the phone all day at work and the last thing I wanna do is talk on the phone at home. If you're serious about customer service and reaching as many people as possible, you have a website, and answer emails in a timely manner.

Furthermore, I personally feel I'm intruding by calling a company. A lot of the companies we deal with for Mustang stuff are very small, and I'd rather wait for Brent or Doug or Marcello to contact me via email, than interrupt them during their busy day.

I ordered a shiftknob from them recently and had no problems.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I've purchased from them, but I called the order instead of via their website. They were very friendly and the product shipped quickly. I have no complaints with my one experience.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

At times the response can take a while but for the most part they are top notch. The products and people that work there are great. You might have to stay on them thou.....
Old 09-27-2007, 04:20 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Srt2Stang725--
Anyone have any input?
PM sent.

FYI- Just to give a little insight my company gets over 130 emails daily with 46% resulting in an order, as these are generally info request, etc you can't just treat them as spam and delete them as a rule so you gotta read them. The time it takes to read and respond to every question can vary but does take time, let alone if you get behind one day then woah it can jump into several hundred quickly. Being a small company I can only imagine the number of email and orders a bigger company like an MRT, etc gets but I do think touching base is a good idea.

I know the guys over there and I'm sure this is not the norm, hang in there, sometimes a hangup will screw up a routine. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Good luck
Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Srt2Stang725
2nd Gear Member

Thank you again Flewbyu, turns out i ended up giving them a call and the **** is still on backorder and they told me that they would inform me when it comes in. They seem like a very good company once you get in contact with them, very nice and professional.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I just recieved my shift **** from them yesterday. About 4 days from my order. I also called them with a question a couple days ago. The man I talked with was very helpful and polite. The shift **** was packed, and shipped very well. I really love the look and quality of the ****.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever dealt with MRT direct?