Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the Stang go.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:36 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Let the Stang go.......

To be fair, ford did follow the fine pony we know as the mustang with that icon of american car history, the pinto.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

congrats.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

The Corvette is a damn fine car, I should know I own one, but the Stang is still the best bang forthe buck, and for just cruising around the most fun car I have ever driven.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:10 AM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

I need to chime in here. I have never, ever, seen a corvette that was four years old or younger, driven by someone younger than 40. It's definitely a mid life crisis car. People that drive corvettes drive them as slow as the elderly people that drive buicks! Everytime I get behind a corvette it's like ah ****, gonna be here awhile. And the corvette is the fastest car on the road you will see on a day to day basis! So basically, the corvette is meant for young people but with the price tag only older people end up getting them.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sliek0722

......So basically, the corvette is meant for young people but with the price tag, only older people end up getting them.
Old guys rule! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 09-29-2007, 05:00 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteHorse

Well started looking for a sports car for a friend of mine who was dead set on a Z4 and test driving a few cars (Soltice, Sky, Z4, Mustang) my boss jokingly said your should really test drive a Corvette. Long story short rode in one and that was it....Last night my friend and me drove off the lot with two C6's....I got the Jetstream Blue Metallic (i'll post pics after my drive this weekend if interested). Thanks to all for the information shared on this site.
No-one has asked, so I will. How much each?!! What was the MSRP and or What was the Cash price the dealer asked for?!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I rode in my uncles corvette, that thing hauls ***, it's nice, but if i had to choose, i'd take a GT with some mods over a Vette
Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteHorse

Well started looking for a sports car for a friend of mine who was dead set on a Z4 and test driving a few cars (Soltice, Sky, Z4, Mustang) my boss jokingly said your should really test drive a Corvette. Long story short rode in one and that was it....Last night my friend and me drove off the lot with two C6's....I got the Jetstream Blue Metallic (i'll post pics after my drive this weekend if interested). Thanks to all for the information shared on this site.
I saw one on the lot the other day. Beautiful color!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:58 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

You will be missed
Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Hey! All those people who say "Vettes are for old people" have no idea! I had one when I turned 21, was my 21st birthday present to myself. But I had a great job and could afford it, and insurance handily. Wasn't married yet . Bought it in 1999 (it was a 97, first year C5). Loved that car, had it for 5 years and had 95,000 miles on the odometer. I miss it a lot. And don't worry, I got on it plenty. Had to sell it about 3.5 years ago when I bought the house and our first child was on the way.

But I must say that the Vette's styling now leaves me rather cold. I understand that it is an all-out sports car and therefore things like aerodynamics play a larger part in its styling than something like a Mustang. I think GM can do better with the styling on the C7. Though, after seeing the new styling of the new Camaro (ad nauseam, build the darn thing already!), I have my doubts.

For me right now, a car is more than its stats.

I like the feeling, and the larger than life feel that the new Mustangs have. Sometimes it's all about having fun, and not the fact that you just hit 150mph on the speedo. If I can have fun at 80mph that's all I care about these days. Especially with 2 kids and a wife to think of!

Glad your friend chose the Vette over the Z4. If he got the Beemer, he'd have to start wrapping a sweater around his shoulders and put a fully dressed poodle in the passenger's seat.

Quick Reply: Let the Stang go.......