Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

Default Satellite Radio anyone?

I live in the sticks and radio stations are hard to pick up. The only stations that are very clear are country stations and that is not my type of music. I have been considering putting satellite radio in my Stang. I have a DEH-7800MP Pioneer HU and it is XM and Sirus ready. Circuit city has the Pioneer receiver to adapt to my HU on sale for $79.99 so I am thinking about it a lot now. The subscription price is $142.00/year; is it really worth the cost? I see there are 69 music stations plus news/sports and more. I have about an hour drive to work each night and of course an hour home, so it may be worth the bucks. I hate commercials and noisy stations.

So who has Satellite radio? Which one XM or Sirus? What do you think of it? Will you subscribe after your year runs out?

Thanks,
Rodney
Old 10-01-2007, 05:20 AM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Satellite Radio anyone?

I have Sirius; my Shelby came w/ a free 6 month subscription. I love having it and will definitely continue the subscription. In fact I like it so much I added it to my Expedition also. I think XM is on the verge of getting absorbed by Sirius, so I would just go w/ Sirius.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 AM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

I've got both Sirius and XM (with NavTraffic on my Pioneer Avic-Z1).

As far as coverage goes, I do get the occasional dropout from Sirius (although I do prefer the Sirius programming)
XM has never dropped out on me that I am aware of

Wife also has both installed in her car (Pioneer Avic-D3) and she listens to XM almost exclusively

LUCKILY... cause of problems with the skipper I experienced early on with the Stang, the dealership gave me a lifetime Sirius membership BUT we do actually pay for the Wife's Sirius.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Salas
1st Gear Member

I got the 6 months Sirius deal from the dealer and really love it. Does anyone know what I need to do to extend it?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 AM
underdog
1st Gear Member

I have used Sirius for the past two years. It is great and I haven't listened to a local station in Houston in awhile. There are problems with fading occasionally but that will happen with any satellite system if it is blocked.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
KUcurt
1st Gear Member

To extend Sirius radio from your 6-month program, go to http://www.sirius.com/ and see what packages are available. You can find out your Sirius member number on your 'Stang. check the owner's manual. Call up Sirius, as well - have credit card in hand, and let them know which package you want. I'm going to do a year or two years at a time. I really enjoy the satellite radio.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

I have XM and love it. I also respect sirius. Either is better then the crap clear channel fm dial. I would say you should look at both services and see which one has the programming you like.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05Stang4Me
I hate commercials and noisy stations.

So who has Satellite radio? Which one XM or Sirus? What do you think of it? Will you subscribe after your year runs out?
I have XM in my stang. You should know that some of the XM channels do have ads. I don't know about Sirius.

I have the Shaker 500 and have the XM plugged into the aux input in the console. The quality of the sound varies from channel to channel. Some of the channels don't have a lot of bass. But that may just be the tiny little receiver that I have. The integrated receivers for the 3rd party HU's may be better.

I do listen to XM, but more of the time, I listen to MP3 disks.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I have Sirius and have used it for 3 years and love it!!!!! [sm=smiley20.gif]Both me and hubby ride with Sirius. Havent used XM so I can comment on it.

Oh, and noads at all!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Sirius came with my stang. The free 6 month subscription has run out and I am considering signing up......although I like to listen to my MP3s and the are FREE.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio anyone?