Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods w/o ruining warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mods w/o ruining warranty...

Actually if you read the warranty, which I have all of things will void the warranty on those parts. If they fail or cause another part to fail that part won't be covered under the warranty. To try to make a little clearer one single part does not void the entire warranty, but should a replacement part fail or cause another part to fail that will not be covered under the warranty. ie: you put a CAI on then bring the car in to have the seat reparied, there is no connection the warranty would cover the seat repair.

ORIGINAL: 157db

Pony Emblems wont void the warranty.
GT front and rear take-off swaybars wont void the warranty.
A GT M/T trake-off muffler wont void the warranty.
A V6 to GT grill with fogs wont void the warranty.
Raptor ShiftLight wont void the warranty.
Short Throw shifter wont void the warranty.
GT front brakes wont void the warranty.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:27 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Ill sell you some GT take off mufflers. Only 7200K miles. If you want appearance mods you can do almost everything and not worry about the warranty. Racing stripes, rims, tires, grilles, window louvers, hoods, the bling bling interior accessories. Chin spoilers and spoilers. As far as performance mods go some people will say that the dealer has to prove that the performance mod caused the car to break some people will say they can just void your warranty. If my car needs warranty work ill let my buddy who works at ford deal with it or if I need/have to we will just put the factory parts back on compiments of the ford lift!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:46 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Even if you put the CAI & tune and you run inot problems, you can always put the car back to stock, which is as easy as putting it on and retune your car to stock. Then disconnect the battery for a short while to erase any records of change. But what I di was to get friendly with the writer and tech and show them a little L$VE, and it will help you out alot. Also if that is your personal photo on your avatar, youll have a much easier time making friends at the service area of your dealership than most guys will. Good luck
Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Four words......FORD RACING PERFORMANCE PARTS......

Like a few have already mentioned, talk tosomeone in service at a dealer (one that sells and installs FRPP parts). They can give you the low down on what performance parts you are good to go with!!

BTW, Ive read many times on this forum how not all dealers treat mods the same so really do your leg work there.

Good luck and happy modding!!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Four words......FORD RACING PERFORMANCE PARTS......

Like a few have already mentioned, talk tosomeone in service at a dealer (one that sells and installs FRPP parts). They can give you the low down on what performance parts you are good to go with!!

BTW, Ive read many times on this forum how not all dealers treat mods the same so really do your leg work there.

Good luck and happy modding!!
When I first got my new stang I was like im going FRPP all the way. Then once I saw the hp increases I was like eh... Ill go with other brands.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Good point, but I thinkits a good place for her to start.She can educate herself a bit and then makedecisions from there. Plus, she wont have to worry as much about the warranty issue. Besides, we all know what a performance junkie you are anyway!!! (just had to mess with ya)
Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I agree the FRPP parts are great for keeping the warranty. The cai/tuner I would pass on no matter what, but the shifter and some of their suspension isnt bad at all, but you have to have the Ford dealer do the install, so that is added charges for alot people that can do it themselves of have a friend do it for free.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

FRPP ftw
Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

It depends on your dealership, but most of them will only allow you to modify exhaust if you're talking about performance mods. Not even Roush or FRPPparts are good for keeping your warranty (spoke to galpin auto sports general manager and he clearly broke it down for me) and if the dealer is an a-hole they will be able to relate aftermarket springs to transmission failure so be careful.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Kamalyn
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangHeat2007

I think it's time tosexy-fythe '07....what mods can I make while it is still under warranty? Any little detail will satisfy me!
As has been stated here a few times now - talk to your dealer's accessories department. When I went to mine, they told me that any modification that they do at the dealership will not void my warranty - with the exception of a supercharger. They did tell me howver that they couldn't promise other dealers would honor the warranty still, but that my dealership would honor it for its durration. I'm not plannign on moving away from my home town anytime soon - so that works for me. I had my gears installed there (Love them BTW). I haven't decided what else to do yet, and I'm going to have to decide then if I want to do it there - all depends on how much more the dealer charges me to do these upgrades.

Quick Reply: Mods w/o ruining warranty...