Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have these after market toys for their '05?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:56 PM
probepro

Default Anyone have these after market toys for their '05?

Anyone have or considering HID Xenon headlights, LED tail lights, auto dimming rear view mirror, or navigation system? They won't make GT go faster, but they're on the Infiniti G35C, which I'm also considering buying, and I want them on the Mustang too.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have these after market toys for their '05?

They are on the new Vette. I don't think you will see that extreme (I like it too), on cars in the mid $25K range. I just paid $24750, for my 05 GT prem, 5spd.

At this price, I am happy the way it came.

Good luck with your choice ?? I also was considering a new on the lot 04 FX45. at $53K, just couldn't feel good about it. lol
Old 02-20-2005, 01:31 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probepro

Anyone have or considering HID Xenon headlights, LED tail lights, auto dimming rear view mirror, or navigation system? They won't make GT go faster, but they're on the Infiniti G35C, which I'm also considering buying, and I want them on the Mustang too.
You're going to spend $10K more for that G35c than you will the Mustang GT. The performance of that G35c isn't going to come close to the Mustang GT. Also, make note that NIssan has had a world of problems with the suspension design of both the 350z and the G35c. As such, they are eating tires at an alarming clip (about every 10K miles for replacements).

I considered both the 350Z and the G35c before buying my current RX8. I drove both extensively. While the Mustang doesn't have the lux features of the G35c, the Mustang GT is in an entirely different league performance wise. I've got the NAVTECH nav in my RX8, the same one Nissan uses. Word to the wise, save your money. My RX8 is less than 2 years old and the NAV is already outdated and they want $250 with the latest update. Don't bother....they are good for about 6 months, that's it.

Xenons are nice, but I can live with the halogens of the Mustang. LED tailights don't mean anything to me. I like the ones on the Mustang just as much.

I'd buy a GTO at close to the same price before I'd buy a G35c as it will outperform the G and still give you a better ride than the G.

My RX8 is being replaced by the Mustang GT.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:12 PM
dodgethisphat1

I'd be interested to hear about an after market auto dimming mirror, I had a Lotus Elise 2 years ago that didn't have it and it bothered me a lot; low ride height in relation to other vehicles light height...
Old 02-20-2005, 04:18 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

The G35 is a nice car. My dad has an '05 G35. The tires are not great. It is really comfortable and very nice inside. If you are looking for a luxurious sports car than the G35 is a great choice. It is not as fast as my Mustang. I have driven it is drives very nicely but I really don't see where it is worth the $36k he paid for it. My Mustang was $30k fully loaded and I like it much better.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:21 PM
probepro

ORIGINAL: graphicguy

ORIGINAL: probepro

You're going to spend $10K more for that G35c than you will the Mustang GT. The performance of that G35c isn't going to come close to the Mustang GT. Also, make note that NIssan has had a world of problems with the suspension design of both the 350z and the G35c. As such, they are eating tires at an alarming clip (about every 10K miles for replacements).

I considered both the 350Z and the G35c before buying my current RX8. I drove both extensively. While the Mustang doesn't have the lux features of the G35c, the Mustang GT is in an entirely different league performance wise. I've got the NAVTECH nav in my RX8, the same one Nissan uses. Word to the wise, save your money. My RX8 is less than 2 years old and the NAV is already outdated and they want $250 with the latest update. Don't bother....they are good for about 6 months, that's it.

Xenons are nice, but I can live with the halogens of the Mustang. LED tailights don't mean anything to me. I like the ones on the Mustang just as much.

I'd buy a GTO at close to the same price before I'd buy a G35c as it will outperform the G and still give you a better ride than the G.

My RX8 is being replaced by the Mustang GT.
There's one after market option I cannot get on the G35C, and that's the sweet exhaust note from the 4.6L V8. Right now I'm driving a '94 Z28 w/ 6-speed manual tranny. It's completely stock, yet always turns heads just driving normally down the road. And not just young guys and chicks, but middle-aged women and grandpas. It's not that it's particularly loud, it just sounds so good, and so different than most everything else. Nothing sounds better than a small block Chevy, but the '05 Mustang GT is a close 2nd. The other thing the Mustang has over the G35C is looks - both inside and out. There's a lot to like about the G35C, but I know I would have Mustang envy every time I see a new GT on the road.

But I still want the Xenon lights, the NAV system, and the auto-dimming mirror. All 3 can be had for under $2,000 from after market dealers.

$600 - Xenon lights
$1,000 - NAV
$300 - auto-dimming rear view mirror

I'm pretty confident that the NAV and auto-dimming mirror will work just fine, but the Xenon lights could be tricky, which is why I was curious if anyone has tried it on the '05. BTW, how are the stock halogen lights? Also, where are the 2 powerpoints located?
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Why dont you just buy a honda civic then?[:'(]