Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's been fun, but I'm selling the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
jmsurpri
1st Gear Member

Default It's been fun, but I'm selling the Stang

I've been a lurker here since February when I bought a used 05 GT. I've probably checked this forum every day for the past few months, and have gotten some good advice for various ride quality issues I was experiencing with a heavily modded suspension setup. However, I've finally come to the conclusion that this is not the car for me. I've driven a BMW since 98 before buying the Mustang. From day one I've noticed that the Mustang seems much bigger, like I am driving a boat. Even with the very stiff suspension mods. I've also come to realize that, for a daily driver,the lack in ride quality and comfort takes it's toll on you. It's just not a comfortable car to drive every day.The excessive power, although nice to have available, seems to just get in the way for daily driving. Smooth, quiet,launches are hard to achieve with the stiff clutch and high torque.

So I test drove a used 06 Acura TL auto and will be buying it today. I noticed right away the car seems much more agile and tight compared to the mustang, yet considerably more comfortable to drive. The interior is much nicer to live in, and I don't have to hear constant rattles and squeaks. Yes I lose lots of power, but in reality, I rarely used it anyway.

I really thought the Mustang was going to be the car for me. I've always wanted a Mustang, and love the 05 looks. If I could afford a weekend/summer fun car, this would be it. For day to day though, it just doesn't work. I wish Ford (and other american car makers for that matter) could figure out how to balance muscle car power with luxury car comfort and build quality. This was my first, and will be my last, american car.

Best of luck!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
TJW
1st Gear Member

Default RE: It's been fun, but I'm selling the Stang

How strange! I have a BMW M3 and would give exactly the same reasons that my Stang is the better daily driver that you give as reasons it isn't a good daily driver.

To each their own I guess, enjoy your Acura-they're good cars.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Enjoy your choice.....
[/align]
Old 10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Okay!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmsurpri
The interior is much nicer to live in
Well, I guess if I was living in my car I would get an acura also.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ok bud, enjoy the TL, hope u dont regret it when a stang pulls up next to you.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:49 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I gotta agree with you on the ride quality part. That's something I got used to and don't really notice anymore not unless I really pay attention to how hard it bounces when I hit a little bump. I guess if you been driving a BMW for a quite while it's going to be hard for you to get used to it so... I hope you're not going to regret getting the TL. Good luck
Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

What a ****ing joke. You're comparing a 4 door luxury sedan to a mustang gt. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Which cost more used than my car was brand new. Go drive a new ford taurus and gives us a comparison.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Well I got a ride in my friends 07 Acura TL type S auto with 285hp. The type S is considerably better than the plain TL auto. Brembo brakes, nicer interior and seats, taught suspension, bigger motor with30 more hp. While it rides tighter than my stang and has better brakes, my car would leave it for dead. I can imagine the regular TL would be considerably slower.

Have fun with your new car, and while you say you drove BMW's for a while, the Acura is no where near as nice and connected to the road as a BMW. Acura's lack style right now which the Mustang has in spades, enjoy your run of the mill import 4 door sedan. Good luck fighting the thoughts of regret when a nice GT pulls up next to you and shows you tail lights.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

My buddy has a TL and he loves it, me personally I can't tell the difference when I ride in or drive his car. I can however tell the difference when I step on the gas, and that's all that matters to me. I bought my mustang for raw unadulterated power and the ability to upgrade through mods. I actually feel bad because I am getting the leather seat covers. Too much luxury for me!

Quick Reply: It's been fun, but I'm selling the Stang