Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally decided on a dash kit for my tan interior *pics inside*

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally decided on a dash kit for my tan interior *pics inside*

yuck.....
Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Jason0279
1st Gear Member

I'm normally not a fan of carbon fiber but I think it looks pretty good!

- Jason
Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback fella's, even the negative feedback. At least most of you managed to critique it with class, and the little kids who didn't aren't worth mentioning.

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

NICE!
Thanks, i'm glad someone likes my terrible MSpaint skills.

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Maybe a name change to the 'Good Humor Man'? Looking like a Creamsicle to me .
Hey, creamsicles look good! [8D]

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

I think it will look good once it's the right colors and actually implemented. It's just hard to vision unless you are the one with the picture in your head, but I think I understand what he is trying. It will look good.
Thanks...I know it has some work to go to get to where I want, and some of the stuff is clashing right now, but it is coming together slowly. The interior and the fogs will look alot better once I get the stripe up. The stripe will help to pull everything in together. It takes time for these mods to progress unless your filfthy rich, which i'm not. [:@]

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I like it how it is...
Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I like it alot. How does it effect driving? I want to get carbon fiber but idk if its distracting.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

I like it alot. How does it effect driving? I want to get carbon fiber but idk if its distracting.
The looks of it doesn't bother me at all, except for me admiring the pieces while at a light and not seeing the light turn, and getting honked at lol. The only thing that has affected me is the piece that goes around the radio ***** give the ***** a different feel because the surface has raised somewhat. The #1 and #6 preset buttons, and the volume button take a little more pressure to use because of the carbon fiber up against them. The pieces on the steering wheel are taking a little getting used to, but its not bad either, i'm just used to the car having a certain feel and now I have to adjust for a few things having a different feel to them, no big deal.

You know, they also make a red and black carbon fiber kit to. This is the same kit that professor wizard has, except in orange. Also, I used the upper dash pieces, whereas PW just used the lower dash pieces, which I didn't use. My main goal was to cover up the black dash parts of the dash, not to hide the tan.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

I like it how it is...
Well thank you Teresa.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Hey Pantera72, while it isn't my personal choice, but trust me, I could live with it. I'm thinking some matte black super stripes with orange outlines, why? Because you said yourself, you're gonna change the seats out to black(charcoal) ones and I'm thinking you'll put in black carpeting as well? Some custom floor mats in black with orange piping would make it all blend in nicely IMO. Whaddya think?
I think matte black with orange outlines stripes keeps your muscle car theme going(with your raked stance and DD bullitts). Subtle and edgy, but with color to break up the seriousness. JMHO
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Nice job, different and cool. FYI your tan kinda looks like mine inside ha ha. Except mine is 2 tone with blk ftw! Very hard to find our color (tan) in my area. Here the black cars always have red, blue or grey on the inside. Thats one reason I wanted Tan.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Nice job, different and cool. FYI your tan kinda looks like mine inside ha ha.Except mine is 2 tone with blk ftw! Very hard to find that color in my area.
Yeah, that 2tone looks sweet as hell, way better than my plain old interior.

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Hey Pantera72, while it isn't my personal choice, but trust me, I could live with it. I'm thinking some matte black super stripes with orange outlines, why? Because you said yourself, you're gonna change the seats out to black(charcoal) ones and I'm thinking you'll put in black carpeting as well? Some custom floor mats in black with orange piping would make it all blend in nicely IMO. Whaddya think?
I think matte black with orange outlines stripes keeps your muscle car theme going(with your raked stance and DD bullitts). Subtle and edgy, but with color to break up the seriousness. JMHO
The only think with black stripes is that I think it would clash with my blackout panel to much, and i've grown pretty damn attached to that panel lol.

You have some good ideas for the interior. Right now my immediate plans are to take the door panels apart and paint the middle section (not the handle itself) black like the IUP door panels. Then maybe find some piping/welts close to the orange on the dash and put that around the black sections on the door that I paint. I'll probably use that method for the small section on each side of the rear passenger seats to. I have some black floor mats on order already. Now I just need more money to pay for mods...

Quick Reply: Finally decided on a dash kit for my tan interior *pics inside*