Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Color IUP update

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 10:11 PM
HEMIstang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My Color IUP update

ORIGINAL: Mustang Novice

I stopped in a local dealership (Gulf Breeze, FL) because I saw a GT on their lot. I had to get my fix while I wait for mine. The salesman said that the IUP was held up because there was concern that the aluminum across the dash would fly off when the passenger air bag deployed. He said had to go through some testing and was found to be ok. They are producing them now.
I don't know that I believe him, but maybe.
I also found it interesting that they would not let anyone test drive the Mustang GT's, until the deal was done. That is, you had to go through all the BS and agree on a price before you could even drive one. I understand their rationale, but I would never buy a car that way, but I guess they're having no trouble selling them.
They have a deluxe satin silver, manual on the lot and 2 automatics arriving this week (black and sonic blue) for anyone living in the panhandle of Florida.
That is another excuse to add to list of why there are no IUPs. I have heard supplier problems and lawsuits. Now SRS. I would not trust anthing a salesman says. Hell I had one tell me you can get the auto stick like in the t bird.

If you want to drive a GT look for a used one on cars.com in your area. That is how I got to drive one. I live in MD where there are roads that are not in good shape. The GT really rides rough when the roads have ripples and pothole patches. I felt like I was back in my 95 V10 Ram. I am sure the GT handles great on better roads but the V6 suspension is more forgiving.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:41 PM
thaemmer

I hope that this site that I came upon will finally let everyone know whats going on with the new 2005 Mustang and the delays. I have been reading a lot of rumors and I believe I finally found the truth. The My Color lawsuit was originally filed in court on January 19, 2005 and was settled by Ford on March 10 so we should be seeing many more Mustang GT's on the road very shortly. Here is the site to read what I have:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/3/prweb216752.htm

Also here is the original post regarding the lawsuit:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/1/inktomi199210.php

I hope this resolves all of the rumors.

TOM
Old 03-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Love the Ponies

thaemmer:

Thanks for this important piece of information. Finally....they came to their senses.

Now, I can get serious and go back to my dealer.