Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT front grill loose!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default GT front grill loose!

I was out washing the car today and decided to take my time drying it! I got to the grill and had my micro towel ready for the honeycomb grill and started drying. I noticed that the whole grill assembly was loose! WTF! The bottom seemed to be ok but the top of the grill moved front to back about 3/4 of an inch! What exactly do i have to do to check the fittings and if they are intact, what other measures do i take to secure the grill! Man this car is really starting to get to me! Everytime I turn around there is something else failing! Also, just above the drivers door mirror, the black plastic pc. before the a-pillar! Looks like weather stripping is bulging out! Gonna take a pic in a few minutes and post it! Please help!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:22 PM
NVRL8
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT front grill loose!

My grill does the same thing. I'd like to see a picture of the weather stripping because my weather stripping between the the paint and the hard plastic on the a pillar on the outside of the car is popping out in a few spots. Weird . Don't let it get to ya.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Here are the pics of the weather stripping!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

I was out washing the car today and decided to take my time drying it! I got to the grill and had my micro towel ready for the honeycomb grill and started drying. I noticed that the whole grill assembly was loose! WTF! The bottom seemed to be ok but the top of the grill moved front to back about 3/4 of an inch! What exactly do i have to do to check the fittings and if they are intact, what other measures do i take to secure the grill! Man this car is really starting to get to me! Everytime I turn around there is something else failing! Also, just above the drivers door mirror, the black plastic pc. before the a-pillar! Looks like weather stripping is bulging out! Gonna take a pic in a few minutes and post it! Please help!
Tabs on bottom are holding that, no tabs on top though each side has two tabs, one on top, one on bottom (the top ones should keep it from moving very much actually. There are are 4 screw attachments on the bottom and 4 on the top. You need to remove the plastic radiator shield to see behind the grill. Let us know what you see.

Weatherstriping item is way weird. If still under warranty bring it to the dealer and tell them you don't just want it just trimmed away (may have leaking issues doing that).
Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I will check the grill sometime this week! The weatherstripping is such an eye sore! I was gonna cut it off myself but figured i might void warranty! I am sooooo tired of taking this car to the dealership! Still waiting for the shaker 500 replacement to come in!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

You're right, that weatherstripping bulging out looks horrible! I say when the skipper 500 comes in ask them to fix that too and tell them not to just trim it off. Sucks that you're having so many problems lately!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
NVRL8
2nd Gear Member

same area of the weather stripping on mine but not near as bad as that. Same damn side too.