Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owners of 2005+, do you find your car cool? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
KUcurt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Owners of 2005+, do you find your car cool? Why?

I've wanted an S197 since the concept car came out in what, 2003? It took until a little over a month ago to finally purchase one - a tungsten GT with black leather, satellite radio, IUP, etc. I still find myself in a certain amazement that we actually have one in our garage! The retro styling, at least to us who love Mustangs, is what does it for me. The smooth, powerful V-8 and it's throaty exhaust tone are favorites of mine. We did get an automatic, after years of 5-speeds in our '86 and '89 GTs. It doesn't bother me. I'm old enough to have rowed enough gears to last a lifetime.

This car does get a split attitude from non-owners: most like it, but there are those who actually despise it or despise the fact that we have them. I don't know of any other cars right now that create this kind of reaction - nothing like it at all. Maybe when the new Camaro comes out.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

yeah i findthe s197cool. maybe because there's just a lot of boring looking cars out there on the road. even some earlier models of the Mustang were not as good looking.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I find it very cool, and its bone stock. I like how retro it looks, especially in legendary lime. When I first got it, my neighbor couldn't believe it was a 2005, he thought it was an old muscle car, which I think is great.

My class was on a field trip in Cooperstown, NY when we saw a S197 like mine. All the girls and guys were plastered to that side of the bus looking at it. One of them said "Man, I really want that car." I quickly and calmly replied "I have that car" and thats when it really hit me how cool these cars are to people, and how much I absolutely love mine.

Theres always the pursuit of horsepower, but right now I don't really feel the need to pursue it too much. These cars are quick enough for me as they are. I'll do the exhaust when the muffler goes, a couple little mods here and there, but I want to stick with they way it rolled off the line for the most part, because hp can only get me in trouble the way I see it. However, I did see an all white GT lowered with some sick rims and a couple other exterior mods. That car grumbled as it idled, and the sound when it took off made me wet my pants, part of me really wants that.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:20 PM
CharlieW
1st Gear Member

I have had my car a little over a year, and the same thing continues to happen -- it happenened again today... needed a quick lunch, got in the line at McDonald's; kid taking the cash says "Nice, Is that the GT? How do you like it?" I tell the kid that it is a blast -- and that is the point: I drive it because I enjoy it; it is cool because other people enjoy it too.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I absolutely LOVE my........
Old 10-09-2007, 12:13 AM
mikemc04gt
2nd Gear Member

1) It doesn'tlook like somethingGeorge Jetson would drive 2) It sounds like a muscle car 3) I love the 1960's styling from the fasback to the shark nose and round lights to the aluminum enhanced interior with cowls, T shifter and round a/c vents. It looks like something I might have ridden in 30 years ago as a kid. 4) It don't cost an arm and leg. 5) It's hard to stop smiling when I drive it. 6) It's sexier,get better mpgs, cots less and easier to park than a SUV. I'll think of more later.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Just love the retro style and no real need to do much to it to make it look and sound awesome. Mine will be stock for quite awhile. I love the looks I get from the younger set when they pull up at the light and see this 44 year old chick sitting in the GT. I just smile. The S197 is just COOL.............that's simply it.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I bought a Jeep Liberty in late 2004. 2005 model. About 6 months after that I was
mad at myself for not getting a Mustang. I mean....I live right across the freeway from
where they are built !Anyways.......
Early this year I traded the Jeep in for my Mustang. Never a regret. I love my car.
I still get a good feeling inside when I see it in my garage.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

I like the way it accelerates, brakes, cruises, corners, parks, looks, and draws thumbs ups!

I not as fond of the payment book or monthly insurance premium, but they aren't out of line.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

To be honest i dont really like the newer body styles its just copying the old one i think they should have came out with something new. Its not so muchtht i dont like the newer ones its tht i think they should hav changed it up a bit but 300 hp stock thts awesome!

Quick Reply: Owners of 2005+, do you find your car cool? Why?