Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT ~vs~ CA Police

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT ~vs~ CA Police

Very well said & I agree with you 100% on that

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

The problem is if you walk upto one you don't know if their a "Police Officer" or just a "COP"
"Police Officer"= Respect = Destonn
"COP"=not respectable = Dennis

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT
They do hurt the reputation but you can't expect one good cop (Destonn) to take the fall for them all. I personaly know Destonn & he is a good guy that takes his job seriously. I have plenty of police in my family and I respect what they do. It's guys like Dennis that get on my last nerve that think they can do whatever they want and get away with it since they are the police.
ORIGINAL: DeStonn
ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0
so your respect for me went down because of what my department does?
The whole point of the EVOC course is to make us BETTER than the average driver. Do I street race in my car, hell no. NEVER, only in my RMP and if its on the highway on a late tour (between 12am and 4am) and there are no drivers on the road. We line up at 55mph and go to 100 then terminate the race. and we have another car up ahead to let us know of traffic conditions.

and you know what, if a little fun on the job is what keeps us sane after seeing all the horrible sights we saw that night, well then too goddamn bad.
My respect for COPs has gone even lower
just because you have scout cars ahead doesn't mean their honest
I've seen some of these 55-100+ runs (sure 100 I checked ya'll at 120+ before) and your scouts lie or I wouldn't have seen this so many times (saw the scouts too)
so if they lie about 1 car whos to say they won't lie about a pedestrian
and COPs are far more wreckless
I've seen one washing blood off their car (from where and why did they have to do it so secretly) hummmm
You watch too many who dunnit movies. Please don't generalize when you say Cops are far more reckless becuase that is a bull**** statement. I have been a Cop for 14 years and I have never street raced in a patrol car. Yes, I have driven faster then the other motorist but only because we are going from call to call. I will admit to cruising down the freeway in my Stang and someone rolls up next to me to get their a$$ handed to them but you will never see or hear of me lining up on a street to race.

People please do not judge the group as a whole because their are some damn fine Cops out there who would make that ultimate sacrifice for you.[sm=rant.gif]
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Well you should find these cops that commit these felonys and deal with them (Harsly) they hurt the reputation of all Police Officers
one bad egg can ruin an omelet
Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn
So guess what, I saw some bone with the same color car as yours street racing...should I dare to say that all drivers with cars like yours are street racers. Can you see the point I am making here? What felonies are you talking about? If you see someone commit a felony then maybe you should report it instead of coming on here saying you saw this and you saw that. Personally I raise the [sm=bs.gif]flag to you kind sir
It was late and I wanted to get home so I didn't get the plate number
but (Blood+dent on hood=?)

yes there is a problem with generlizing but just say that only 5% of police ar COPS and 95% are Police Officers how do you know the one you see ahead of you is in the 5% or the 95% (and I bet the percents are reversed) simple you don't

I have met some I respect but I havealso metmore that deserve no respect
Old 10-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Geesh this thread sure did/ does get a lot of feed back [8D] ....
Old 10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You guys are getting too deep with this cop thing now.
I think you guys are tough on Dennis...
I'm not afraid of calling a cop an @sshole when it's due (off duty, I ain't nuts) but we don't know Dennis. Being a cop in NYC is nuts! Too much **** going on to follow the book religiously. He said previously,he hates to give out speeding ticket in a general sense so he can't be a total @ss. Nobody gave him credit for that then.
I don't know about his coment on cops being trained drivers though. I myself used to race so I'm confortable to take on the average Joe out there but I am not above the laws of physics, that a given.

Look guys, he loves Mustangs, he chats with us and he likes to punch it once in a while, I'll cut him a break, for now. That's all.

Now don't you be jumping on my sh#t ya all.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Ok maybe Dennis isn't as bad as some I've seen/met but what he said has moved him down a notch on my
respect~o~meter
ORIGINAL: pascal
I'm not afraid of calling a cop an @sshole when it's due (off duty, I ain't nuts) but we don't know Dennis. Being a cop in NYC is nuts! Too much **** going on to follow the book religiously. He said previously,he hates to give out speeding ticket in a general sense so he can't be a total @ss. Nobody gave him credit for that then.
I don't know about his coment on cops being trained drivers though. I myself used to race so I'm confortable to take on the average Joe out there but I am not above the laws of physics, that a given.

Look guys, he loves Mustangs, he chats with us and he likes to punch it once in a while, I'll cut him a break, for now. That's all.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

+1

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

Ok maybe Dennis isn't as bad as some I've seen/met but what he said has moved him down a notch on my
respect~o~meter[quote]
Old 10-12-2007, 03:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

respect~o~meter
ORIGINAL: pascal

Fair enough guys...
I guess my point is that we're on the web, talking sh#t,and we have no ideas if we would get along in real life if we met[8D].
I like your guys internet personality so far (no one's perfect) but what would it be like if we all meet?
I caught myself being a jerk at times on the net, and I know that I wouldn't have in a real situation because it's instantaneous dialogue with eye contact and all.

I'm looking at this from a different angle, even though, there's a lot of BS from some people here that makes me wanna take them out cold. Like that M3 douche last week.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:20 PM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

wow, it's a regular love-all-hug-fest now!

I agree, while Dennis may not be a total M'er F'er he's certainly a bit of a hypocritical a**. I don't care if he went through police driver training... Plenty of drivers with a HELL of a lot more skill and training that that wreck all the time. **** happens, and Newtons laws don't become any less strict whether you're a cop or not. Saying that others are irresponsible law breakers for racing on city-streets and then saying in the same breath that you race your other cop buddies all the time just makes you a hypocrite IMHO. And you say you deserve it after a long days work because you've seen some bad s**t??? WFT man... so in your mind, ER doctors, and war vets, and anyone else with a 'dirty job' is OK to street race also to blow off some steam? It really just strikes me as typical "COP" arrogence. Yeah a bad-apple spoils the whole bunch, but in my experience the bad apples FAR outnumber the good ones.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:28 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: EskimoPie

in my experience the bad apples FAR outnumber the good ones.

Well yeaaah.
Why do you think the world is so screwed up ? Not because of the good guys!
It's a lot easier to be an @ss wipe than going out of your way a little for the good cause.
Then some of us (hope it goes for you as well) don't have to go out of our way. It's just natural
Old 10-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"I don't know about his coment on cops being trained drivers though. I myself used to race so I'm confortable to take on the average Joe out there but I am not above the laws of physics, that a given"

and you do have more experience than me. I dont doubt it.

if you street race and no one is on the street with you, and your not an idiot (or ricer) than you get a pass from me (as long as you dont have any warrants). I dont wanna hit the working law abiding citizen in the pocket when there are real criminals out there. I give 10 tickets a month. Thats all thats expected of me, and thats all I give.

While I race other cops I never race a civilian, because we can get into an accident, and atleast I know that the guy I'm racing has alot of experience at high speeds and dealing with traffic and obstacles.

I dont do it because I'm a cop and can get away with it, If I did happen to do it while off-duty (never have, never will) and the officer doesnt feel like extending courtesy, then I would have no problem recieving the summonse.

The whole "cop vs. Police officer" thing is actually the other way around. a good officer is a cop, and a bad officer is a police officer. The biggest diss you can give a law enforcement officer is saying "you may be a police officer, but your no cop". I've said that to many a$$hole LEO's and they go flipping.

"so in your mind, ER doctors, and war vets, and anyone else with a 'dirty job' is OK to street race also to blow off some steam?"

I see faaarrrrr worse than them (except war vets...for the obvious) Dr.s see things second hand, like for instance a guy comming in with half of his arm cut off, and the side of his body cheese grated, then perform the work. However I get the call, walk into the appartment and see a guy laying in a pool of bloodpassed out coldholding his severed arm in his only hand, withhis familyscreaming frantically for me to do something.and now I have to stand there with my hands in this guys stump while waiting for paramedics. as my partner takes the family into another room....true story.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT ~vs~ CA Police