MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Nitrous NOS (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/355007-nitrous-nos.html)

tungstenstang 10-08-2007 04:57 PM

Nitrous NOS

is nitrous a bad idea? i just want the extra power if i find myself at a stoplight with a ferrari, viper, GT500 ...... I know ill need some extra stuff for safety. but is the nitrous just "too risky" like ive heard other guys say? thanks

Thurman 10-08-2007 05:49 PM

RE: Nitrous NOS

Nitrous is not a bad idea when installed correctly and used at the right times. Stopped at a light with a viper is not one of them. imo

Caution 10-08-2007 06:46 PM

Nitrous isn't bad when installed correctly and used in moderation... like at the track or at the rear occasion that you do happen to get a Viper, Z06, GT500 at a light [8D] I often thought about getting it for the same reasons... still NA for now though ;)

tungstenstang 10-08-2007 06:59 PM

i live in a nice area, im always at lights with exotic cars and such. i also go to the track, if that makes you happy Thurman. i was at a light once with a ferrari f430 and a lambo gallardo, i didnt stand a chance so i didnt race. with the NOS i think i can keep up if not beat those types of cars. how long does install usually take?

downriverT 10-08-2007 06:59 PM

Good idea. Use in moderation though. Get the extras for safety and you will be fine. I would recommend a dyno tune but not necessary.

Caution 10-08-2007 07:03 PM

a dry shot won't need a tune up to a 100 shot but I would recommend a dyno tune for any wet shot and a dry if you decide to go over a 100 shot.

mx07gt 10-08-2007 07:19 PM

stop calling it NOS...it makes you look "fast and furious"

Its nitrous and I have a kit for sale so pm me :D

downriverT 10-08-2007 07:19 PM

Install for me with a bottle heater, purge, and pressure gauge took me and my 2 cousinsabout 13 beers a piece(about 9 hours).We made a trip to the local autoparts store someone wired it backwards and blew a fuse. We ran out of beer and needed grubso another trip. This is longer than it should take but none of us are any where near mechanicaly inclined. Plus we were pretty drunk about halfway in so that didn't help things and my cousin decided to get "custom" with the purge.

PLstang 10-08-2007 07:31 PM

I haven't had any problems with mine. I also would recommend a Dyno tune if your going past a 75 shot. I'm runing a 125 shot at the moment with no issues.

moosestang 10-08-2007 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

i live in a nice area, im always at lights with exotic cars and such. i also go to the track, if that makes you happy Thurman. i was at a light once with a ferrari f430 and a lambo gallardo, i didnt stand a chance so i didnt race. with the NOS i think i can keep up if not beat those types of cars. how long does install usually take?
You will still lose because you will just spin if you use WOT in 1st or 2nd gear.