Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STS Single Turbo Install pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: STS Single Turbo Install pics

done?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

I know this is an old thread, but it's the best I've found. Simon, at what rpm do you start to build boost? At what rpm are you at full boost? I'll be installing my STS twins within the next ten days, and am looking to get an idea of what I'll be driving. I really like that y-pipe. I'm thinking I might replace the factory H-pipe with an x, but for now, I just want to get it installed and drive it. All of my gauges and electrical goodies will be hooked up this weekend.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: breathegood

I know this is an old thread, but it's the best I've found. Simon, at what rpm do you start to build boost? At what rpm are you at full boost? I'll be installing my STS twins within the next ten days, and am looking to get an idea of what I'll be driving. I really like that y-pipe. I'm thinking I might replace the factory H-pipe with an x, but for now, I just want to get it installed and drive it. All of my gauges and electrical goodies will be hooked up this weekend.
I start to build boost immediately. It hovers around 3-4 psi until 2900-3000 and then it rips off like a jet. When I firstgot the cardone I was doing some fine tuning with the controler, trying not to generate too much boost and controlinghow hard it hits. I have it set up now so it will be at full boost around 3200-3500, dependings on some conditions. This is actually a little toom much ramp in for meas it breaks the tires loose so easy, If I dial it down the car actually gets a little faster cause it doesn't break traction as fast.

With DRs it's not an issue.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:44 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Nice. I wish it would quick frickin snowing here so I could drive it. I can't wait. My S/CTacoma is fun and all, but thisMustang is going to rip. Are you using the electronic boost controller that STS sells, or are you using something else?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I have a GReddy Pro Spec B. It works great. They make one more that is a tad bit more expensive.

There's some other guys here with others too. I use mine as a boost gauge also.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Props to Simon. He's been such a great help to me!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:19 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Do you have any pics of how you have your Greddy mounted? I'm not a big fan of having a bunch of different gauges all over the place. Are you using a wideband AFR gauge or do you trust the initial tune from your tuner? I've got a pyro and a boost gauge, but I'm still undecided about the wideband. I have one on my truck, and it was useful while I was tuning, but beyond that, I think it's not a very aesthetically pleasing or particularly usefulgauge, and I would rather not have it displayed all the time. If I'm running lean in a dangerous way, the pyro will let me know.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

The Boost Controler (BC) is mounted in accesory lights on the headliner. This is directly above the center cosole where the two interior lights shine down into the seats. The lights are colored blue and it fits directly in there witht some massaging, a dremel tool and some finesse.

I do not have a pic of it right now, but I can take one and post it later.

The wideband is an AEM piece and works great.It's mounted on a two gauge pillar pod that looks OEM, below an Autometer tach/shift light. At first I thought it was junk because it would bounce around like it was broken. After I read about widebands, I learned it only matters what it says while under boost and while in "Lambda" the bouncing around is normal. On the low boost setting, 6.3-6.4, it starts at A/F 10.9 and then goes to 11.5~. On high boost, 9.3-9.7, it starts out at 10.9 and then jumps to 11.4, finishing at 11.8, which is supposed to be exactly where I want to be.

The car really isn't custom tuned for now. I need to data log, send it out and have someone adjust it slightly. Before I do this I want to take out the CMCPs so I can get it done aqt the same time. I'm running a safe tune with zero issues.

Except for using more gas!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pwny

Props to Simon. He's been such a great help to me!
Thanks Pwny.

I'll pay you later.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: breathegood

Do you have any pics of how you have your Greddy mounted? I'm not a big fan of having a bunch of different gauges all over the place. Are you using a wideband AFR gauge or do you trust the initial tune from your tuner? I've got a pyro and a boost gauge, but I'm still undecided about the wideband. I have one on my truck, and it was useful while I was tuning, but beyond that, I think it's not a very aesthetically pleasing or particularly usefulgauge, and I would rather not have it displayed all the time. If I'm running lean in a dangerous way, the pyro will let me know.
One thing STS does with their kit is use Diablo tuning. Mytuner likes it, I don't know why though. There are not very many Daiblo tuners over here in CAlifornia and EVRYONE does SCT! I would have so many option if I had SCT stuff instead of Diablo.

In order for me to switch I will have to get rid of the MAFIA and buy a new MAF.

Quick Reply: STS Single Turbo Install pics