Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

27HP increase from BBK without a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: 27HP increase from BBK without a tune?

ORIGINAL: birdoffire7

Oh, and it looks like you can get the throttle body and the CAI for under $490 bucks from RPM Outlet....
Don't buy ANYTHING from RPM Outlet, they SUCK. Just do a forum search for them. you'll see what I mean. My personal experience also sucked with them.

Pay a little more and go elsewhere.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I stumbled across this today, and haven't seen anyone talk about it on here yet (yes, I searched). BBK is stating that with their throttle body alone you get 13RWHP without a tune. I did some more searching, and found the following link to a MM&FF article where they put in the BBK throttle body along with the BBK cold air induction kit and got a 27RWHP increase without a tune. Does anyone have this combo? There are a lot of people on here that want more HP but are shy in tuning (myself included), this looks like it could be a very promising route. Have you guys seen this? What do you think?

http://www.bbkperformance.com/downloads/bbkArticle.pdf
I looked at that article. That was not written by MM&FF. It's an article written by BBK inMM&FF. Basically and advertisement so I call [sm=bs.gif]
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

I have the CAI and i can tell you that this isnt true. Run this alone with out a tune and lean your motor to crap. Dont believe this to be true. Looks like WITH TUNE numbers to me...
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

I spoke to brenspeed about purchasing the BBK throttlebodyand they stated there was no gain noticed on any of their supercharged dyno'd cars. So I did not upgrade my throttlebody.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
GrabberO07

First off HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE OPINIONS? I personally know 2 with the BBK throttle body... any gains No... one took his off because the blades kept sticking and causing major problems. Did I state that... I didnt think I had to. You baught the BBK so you want to stand by it. You paid a lot of money for something that gained you next to nothing. Now maybe if you later decide to go forced induction then you will see your moneys worth, but until then I will continue to say NO on the decision to spend that kind of money for perhaps no gain to a few Ponies and the possiblity of problems. No thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 12:57 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

BBk and RPMoutlet, a big no for both. Their cai with no tune option may be good for a few hp.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 PM
mechanicterry
1st Gear Member

I have the BBK CAI and TB. I started out running them w/o a tune. I could tell a definite difference in performance, but I installed both at the same time so I can't tell you if it was the CAI or the TB. Now I do not recommend running them w/o a tune . BBK claims you do not have to tune for them but it does make your car run really lean and that is not good. I have a friend that just runs the CAI w/o a tune and he is starting to get some pinging. I have not had any trouble with my setup, everything works great. I do have a 91 Brenspeed Tune though. I was going to replace all the BBK stuff and go with C&L or something but Brenspeed said that I would not notice any difference in the two. So far BBK has been good. The car does make good power. But I would not run them w/o a tune.(tune willget air/fuel ratio's back inline.)
Old 10-17-2007, 11:57 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I don't know about the combo itself, but on a stock Stang that TB will give you 7.8 to 8.5 hp to the wheels. By looking at the number provided by you and doing some Math I assume you'd be close to 17-20rwhp. How much is that combo?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Oh, and it looks like you can get the throttle body and the CAI for under $490 bucks from RPM Outlet....

DO NOT, mention RPM outlet on that forum.[:'(][:'(]
They are nothing but sphincter muscles and crooks.[:@][:@]
They need to go out of business, pure and simple.

There's a thread floating around about their way of doing business. You'll understand if you read it.

Quick Reply: 27HP increase from BBK without a tune?