Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X/A/D/Y/WTF plans???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
CASHY

Default RE: X/A/D/Y/WTF plans???

Yes, you can get a SGT for A, X, or Z plan (annnounced about a week ago). Also just announced yesterday they have a $1,000 rebate on them. We have 3 here in stock ready for delivery. We are the 6th largest dealer in the country and have been awarded #1 in Customer Satisfaction out of the top 100 dealers in the country. Give me a call, I would be glad to answer any questions you might have!

Kevin Koshkarian
Pat Milliken Ford
Redford, Michigan
313-255-3100 x204
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a pretty good sales pitch, Cash....What do you guys charge for shipping, say, to 72118??? That $1000 wouldn't happen to be the old age inventory money from last month, would it? And, is that in addition to the standard '07 GT rebates? Last question, are you guys still giving the $645 or $995 A/T cash that Ford has been advertising for months now? Let me know, I'm chomping at the bit...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

I just ran some numbers on a GT Premium I found out in Houston. The MSRP is $29,925. Invoice is $27,527. If you go by the reference that 'cage gave me, 93% of MSRP is $27,830.25. That's ABOVE invoice![:@] I thought X plan was supposed to be BELOW invoice, by a couple hundred dollars. Unless that percentage he gave me is a little off, you'd be better off getting a dealer to sell you a car at invoice, minus all incentives, than going with any of the Ford plans. Will somebody step in, and shed some light on this please? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!![sm=boohoo.gif]
That 93% is just a rough number - it'll get you to within a couple hundred $$ of actual invoice. Just use itfor budgeting purposesso you have an idea of what you'll actually be spending.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:39 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Hey 'cage, is there no solid formula to use for the calculation? You saw what I posted above, I was under the impression that those plans were below invoice. At the very least, it looks like they just eliminate the need to haggle and negociate, which is worth something.I'd love to hear from someone whose x plan transaction actually brought them below invoice, before the rebates and incentives...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

Hey 'cage, is there no solid formula to use for the calculation? You saw what I posted above, I was under the impression that those plans were below invoice. At the very least, it looks like they just eliminate the need to haggle and negociate, which is worth something.I'd love to hear from someone whose x plan transaction actually brought them below invoice, before the rebates and incentives...
X-plan IS below invoice for sure. That 93% was just for quick calculations when you're trying to budget payments, etc (really, a few hundred dollars one way or the other won't make a difference in that regard). And yes, if you haggle long enough, you can probably get a dealer to sell it to you for invoice anyway, but the x-plan takes the "haggle" out.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I got A-Plan, 2 of my brothers and a sister in law work for Ford.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

'Cage, check this out...

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium(Shelby GT)[/align]Call - 800-737-0232 [/align]Vehicle Location: Pat Milliken Ford
9600 Telegraph Rd, Redford, MI 48239-1492

[/align]
div#paymentCalc a { background-image: url(http://static.dealer.com/themes/univ...?1100796312000); }

MSRP:
$30,740

A-Plan:
$27,487

X-Plan:
$28,623[/align]

[/align]Invoice is $28,237! How would X plan be below Inv. going by this? A plan looks like what you described earlier, unless something's wrong here. I'm thinking it would be next to impossible to get somebody to help you out with their A plan discount...[&o][/align][/align][/align]
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

'Cage, check this out...

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium(Shelby GT)[/align]Call - 800-737-0232 [/align]Vehicle Location: Pat Milliken Ford
9600 Telegraph Rd, Redford, MI 48239-1492

[/align]
div#paymentCalc a { background-image: url(http://static.dealer.com/themes/univ...?1100796312000); }

MSRP:
$30,740

A-Plan:
$27,487

X-Plan:
$28,623[/align]

[/align]Invoice is $28,237! How would X plan be below Inv. going by this? A plan looks like what you described earlier, unless something's wrong here. I'm thinking it would be next to impossible to get somebody to help you out with their A plan discount...[&o][/align][/align][/align]
Where are you getting the "invoice" number from? It's possible the invoice number doesn't include destination/delivery which would add about $500 +/-. You can't get A-Plan unless you or an immediate family member is a Ford employee (the dealer can't do anything about that).
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Got it from here, 'dre...

http://www.cars.com/go/configurator/options.jsp

Edmund's is good too, but doesn't give the invoice price for the Upfitter's packages. The A/T one is $100 less, by the way($2040 compared to $2140). Probably due to the 3.55 gears not being an available option on the A/T. Anyway, all the final numbers I go by always include the destination fee. That link to Cars.com's configurator is the best I've found so far for options, but Edmund's always has the best info on the incentives being offered. Also, check this link out...

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/financ...&mode=full

Kind of long, I know.But, it lets you see the difference between rebates and low APR% side by side, so you can choose the best for you.Seems to me that the more expensive the car you're considering, the lower APR turns out to be the better choice. So, do I have a pretty good handle on doing my homework, or what???[sm=happybounce.gif]

P.S.- Anybody willing to go half on an A plan? Using that example above, that'd be a cool $375 in the pocket... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!?!?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:30 PM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

They don't have the most accurate info on invoices. Even Consumer Reports is off by a hundred or two. Not sure why, but in any case, the bottom line is x-plan < invoice, whatever it turns out to be. If you use the x-plan, the dealer should have no issues with showing you the invoice - if they do, then something's fishy. In fact you can even have them show it to you as it appears on "fmcdealer.com" - it doesn't get any more official than that. Use 92-93% as a gauge.

Quick Reply: X/A/D/Y/WTF plans???