Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good price?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 PM
ponygirl74
1st Gear Member

Default Is this a good price?

I got my Cervinis hood and louvers.The paint guy recommended to me by MANY people who have used him quoted me $600 for the job. Does this sound high? What have you guys paid?

I also want to get painted stripes. What is a good price for that too? Any input/suggestions are appreciated!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:41 AM
navyscott
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Is this a good price?

Sounds about like the going rate, or close to it to paint a hood. Most places around here want $2000 to $3000 for painted stripes. Maybe they could work a deal to get both done at the same time, would save some labor time in the paint prep anyway.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

For quality work its a good price. You want the hood to be done right the 1st time. Its the first thing everyone will see.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

i don't know how much you're willing to drop to get your stripes painted, but consider going the vinyl route. since i didn't feel like spending a few grand for mine, i looked into the vinyl alternative. you could do it yourself inexpensively, and there are many places that offer the service as well. definitely look around, though, before you commit. i ended up going to a graphic design shop that does car striping on the side. spent more than i expected (about $600), but thework is spectacular. they were super careful and angled/cut all the stripes in such a way so as to contour them to the body of the car, from under the front bumper all the way to the back, even including the rear spoiler. not everyone willdo such a great job (one place told me that they couldn't put vinyl stripes on the bumpers b/c. it doesn't look straight - ha!), so be deliberate and picky. good luck!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ink003

i don't know how much you're willing to drop to get your stripes painted, but consider going the vinyl route. since i didn't feel like spending a few grand for mine, i looked into the vinyl alternative. you could do it yourself inexpensively, and there are many places that offer the service as well. definitely look around, though, before you commit. i ended up going to a graphic design shop that does car striping on the side. spent more than i expected (about $600), but thework is spectacular. they were super careful and angled/cut all the stripes in such a way so as to contour them to the body of the car, from under the front bumper all the way to the back, even including the rear spoiler. not everyone willdo such a great job (one place told me that they couldn't put vinyl stripes on the bumpers b/c. it doesn't look straight - ha!), so be deliberate and picky. good luck!
Not sure if this was even the case here but I can tell you that custom cut and applied stripes often require the shop to use an exacto for trimming. It is virtually impossible not to put fine cuts in the clear coat when doing this. These cuts will not be noticeable until you remove your stripes and frankly I wouldn't want to be around you when that day comes along.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

In my area paited stripes will run you about $1700 ... the hood price is a good price if it's quality work
Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

vinyl 120 bucks on ebay and you can change your mind later, and looks just as good, everyone asks me where i got mine painted, and i say West Coast Customs, jk, i have vinyl