Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cover Assistance

Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
notronnies05

Default Cover Assistance

Hey all I lost my storge unit for my car this winter. Anybody in the northeast that can recommend a really good cover for the winter? The stang will at least be on blacktop but I really need a good winter cover...
Old 10-11-2007, 06:25 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cover Assistance

I use a CoverCraft ... got it here http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...2005coupe.html
Old 10-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

some good car cover info here:
http://www.autogeek.net/carcovers.html
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: notronnies05

Hey all I lost my storge unit for my car this winter. Anybody in the northeast that can recommend a really good cover for the winter? The stang will at least be on blacktop but I really need a good winter cover...
I'm in the northeast, I would definitely not cover it unless there is a real risk of falling branches where it will be parked.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Also, a nice,expensive,good looking cover gets stolen. Unless it's kind of hard to get to your driveway.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

Also, a nice,expensive,good looking cover gets stolen. Unless it's kind of hard to get to your driveway.
Yup, freezing cold, snow, sleet won'thurt your car but a cover and the mice who want you to buy one, will.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Yup, freezing cold, snow, sleet won'thurt your car but a cover and the mice who want you to buy one, will.
Huh? I have no idea where you're coming from with that comment?

I'm also planning on buying a winter cover, since mine will be on the blacktop. I'd rather be pushing snow off of a cover than off of my paint.

Mice? I don't plan on storing mine in a barn....

Please, indulge me...

~Fletch~
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 PM
notronnies05

I got the mouse issue solved I have a bunch of cats that like to hang out under the car..I cover my car everynight with a good summer cover..so i don't think mice will be an issue..also got 2 big german sheps that like to guard it so i don't think stealing the coverwill be an issue either..invisible fence and all.. But I do have a neighboring tree issue..not mine or it would be gone..so i really want to cover it...I have a lot of mods in that bad boy..hate to see it get all jacked up by snow, sleet, tree branches![:@]
Old 10-11-2007, 07:36 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fletch

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Huh? I have no idea where you're coming from with that comment?

I'm also planning on buying a winter cover, since mine will be on the blacktop. I'd rather be pushing snow off of a cover than off of my paint.

Mice? I don't plan on storing mine in a barn....

Please, indulge me...

~Fletch~
Fletch, I tried a very expensive cover with my 61 fairlane which was outside on the blacktop. Big mistake. The cover would often freeze onto the car's surface. Try to get it off w/o teraing it or having a piece that was frozen to the paint not tear away was a royal pain. Took it off one mid winter day to run the car and pulled the visor down and mice had eaten through the headliner above the visor.(mice like carsas much as barns, and they like them covered)Do what you want but with no cover the car gets the light it needs, you have easier access to get in there and fire it up as often as you want, no dealing with a frozen cover(don't have to clean every bit of snow off all the time) I don't know about you but I can clean snow off of a car enough to drive it around the driveway (if not registered) w/o damaging the paint. My comments are not just what I think about having a cover on a car up here in MA during the winter, they are from doing it and finding that no cover is better (unless as I said you have the risk of falling branches, in which case you need the protection from that). Now I have this expensive cover that is like new with a couple of "freeze holes" in it; Waste of money that was. ...cost me a headliner too.