Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade In Value of an '06 GT???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Trade In Value of an '06 GT???

Hard to say -- normally you pay interest for about the first 2 years if you trade before then. You could go under and have some remaining based on the amount that you put down when you bought it... better question is how much did you finance?

ORIGINAL: JRT1

I have the car in my sig, bought it new 5 months ago and it has 3,100 miles on it.
I go to the dealer this afternoon to see what the numbers will look like on trading in the 07 and ordering an 08.

The reason I am doing this is because I want a Torch Red w/Crimson red interior and an automatic.
I have very specific options that I want and they can't find in a car so they have to order an 08 for me.
I will only do this if the numbers look "good", I expect to lose some money but how much I dont know.

Anyone have an idea how much they will give me for my 07, it's sticker was 31k, i think I paid 28k for it.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

ORIGINAL: thxultra

Why do you want to sell your 2006? For the manual trans?
so he can have more fun driving the car. [:-]
I'm not trying to knock his decision. I was just curious why he is trading in his 06. His 06 sounds like it has more options. The only difference I could see is the new one has a manual instead of a auto trans. If that is the only difference I would take the extra money and drop it on mods. Would rather have a saleen sc then a manual but that is just me
Old 10-12-2007, 03:50 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Basically, I was inquiring into this because I'd really like to have a manual trans.

When I got my car at the end of last year, it was on the lot, and I got it for a good deal, and there were no manual '06's left. (For some reason, you don't see many manuals around here, here being northern New Jersey. In '05 I was told it was a regional thing set by Ford, sticks and verts in the south, auto's in the north/northeast, why I don't know.) So , any sticks get gobbled up quick. I had to make a deal with what was on the lot, otherwise ordering or buying an '07 was out of my budget. I'm also not too crazy about my interior color upgrade pkg, crimson red seats, alittle too fancy for me.. There was another '06 w/ 17" Bullitts,(auto as well), I wouldve taken that car instead,and it had a dark interior, but it was torch red, not one of my favorite choices. 11 months later, I'd really like to get what I originally wanted, BUT if I can't pay off the loan plus have 2 or 3 grand to put down on the '08, I'm not going to do it, my car is pretty good, and not owrth taking a beating over. In other words, I don;t need a stick THAT bad! In a way, I am downgrading from a Premium to a Deluxe w/ 17" wheels (that I like) and a spoiler delete. Also, someone staed about modding, I'm not real big into that outside of a CAI/tune. I didn't spend 27k on a car to start replacing parts! Also, I don't seriously race, alott of the stock components are good enough for me on the street.

I'd like to get 21k for the car, maybe 20 if I'm still interested, but under that, no way, its not worth taking a loss over, we'll see. I'm not as crazy about it as I was the last few days, more and more I'm thinking its not worth it, but I'll see anyway what they would give. Like someone stated before, dest. cahrges, DMV fees, etc, all add up again! What is nice now is that Ford is offering 1k back until 10-31
Old 10-12-2007, 05:07 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Get the 09 when it comes out, with a stick of course.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:59 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

My mistake. I owed $17,500 and they gave me $22,000.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:05 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I thought CarMax made fair appraisals, but they were stoned on my last car. I had an 07' GT Convertible Premium with less than 2500 miles and they offered me $23K. I went to a dealer and received $28K.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

I emailed the salesman a week ago, never got a reply, so it gave me time to think, and I'm not going to bother. Even if they give me a good price, I'm still going to have to shell out more money, (taxes, fees, etc) starting out again with a new loan, whereas I have a year under my belt now with this car loan, so to hell with it, automatic isn't that bad after all!!!

Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Just get a C & L CAI and Brenspeed 93 tune for that auto, and you won't really miss the manual. I've had both, and I gotta say the auto is a lot of fun when you can chirp 3rd gear. The stock tune certainly won't let you do that.

I just had to put my back to stock a couple days ago for some warranty work and I can hardly stand to drive it now. The C&L and 93 tune are going back in tonight!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I never get why people buy a car model they like but without the options they say they really really want because they got impatient. Then turn around and toss the money out the window to buy what they wanted in the first place...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:53 PM
06blownpony
1st Gear Member

Thinking 'bout why would you buy a car (mustang) traded in for a mustang (same), not only are you rebuying ur car again but you are going to be negative;2things will occur with your negative.
1.Depending on your credit, if it's real good then the dearlership can carrythe neg. on the new car, (which your payments increases) for the same car????
2. Puta large amount of money down to cover the negative only to have the samepayment (WHAT)??
I would rather buy a Rousch, Saleen or Shelby GT500 or invest all the money on modding my stang! ;-)
GOODLUCK Bro.

Quick Reply: Trade In Value of an '06 GT???