Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno results -- Saleen SC.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Default Dyno results -- Saleen SC.

So took the car over to a local Dyno before lunch. Was curious to see what the results are with the stock Saleen tune (this is the "475hp" kit). About what I expected -- max of 403rwhp/401rwtq. My concern is with the AF ratio. It appears to be running leaner and leaner with each consecutive pull.

I have the stock Saleen tune to keep the warranty, and also wanted to dyno it to document it as a baseline. I don't run the car hard and haven't taken it to the track yet. Oh, and the tailpipe 'sniffer' kept falling out of the rear exhaust each time they ran it at the end of the runs. But the AF ratio seems a bit lean throughout the entire RPM range.

What do you folks think?

BTW, LAPD is a Corvette/GM shop. They had some pretty sweet Z06 Corvettes there as well as a LS2 GTO and a WS6 they were working on. Felt weird being the only Ford around . Seem like good guys though. If you folks are in the Canoga Park area, they charged me $75 for 3 pulls.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno results -- Saleen SC.

A/F ratio should be around 12:1 for forced induction. The power numbers are what I expected. I know the stock fuel pump is close to its limit at 400 rwhp, but Brenspeed uses it up to a 3.6 pulley (a few more HP then the Saleen 475 kit I believe) and Hellion uses it with 9 psi. That would be the first thing I checked though, is fuel pressure, just because the stock pump is near its limit at that HP.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Thanks... I was hoping I could put off a new fuel pump, but as I watched the dyno pulls, that was my thought, "Well, here's to a new pump!".
Just wanted to see what other people were reporting with the kit. Seems a bit iffy that Saleen would sell the things (and warranty the drivetrain) with the pump at a marginal level. No boost-a-pump or anything. Odd.

Better start saving, and holding off WOT runs for now
Old 10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

The Saleen 435 kit almost pegs the MAF, and the injectors are at their limits. The 475 kit is near the limit of the fuel pump. To me, if Brenspeed runs thier 485 kit with the stock fuel pump, it can handle it. They know their stuff, and the limits of the cars / parts. Id go get the car dyno'd again at a later date. The PCM may be "learning" still. Though, WOT runs are open loop FI.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all of the input...
Also, let me know when you get those black Saleens. I think they look incredible even though I'm not one to usually like 20" wheels.

Ever since I saw Transformers I thought those were some of the best looking wheels out there.
I want to see lots of pics!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

That looks typical for the saleen tune. It is true the 475kit is better on the a/f, but not much. Take a look at our car....475kit. One thing I did not like isthe delay to go into OL. Yes, down on power, not a good weather condition day......humidity for one. The KSwas always pulling out 2 degrees.

The stock pump is about maxed with the 3.6 pulley!We are currently working on some tunes and fuel pump upgrade options.

Casey
Old 10-12-2007, 04:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

kodos, how much boost are you
getting from your setup

Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

You mean these Saleens?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

I don't have a boost gauge yet (still deciding on where I want to mount my gauges) -- but I believe the 475 kit runs 6psi of boost.

ORIGINAL: hammeron

kodos, how much boost are you
getting from your setup

Old 10-12-2007, 05:01 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

well, if that's the case, then on 6psi,
i say those are excellent numbers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno results -- Saleen SC.