Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyers Remorse

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Buyers Remorse

Very well said,

I love my Mustang, just do not tell my wife.....

Later,
Old 02-23-2005, 01:29 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

like everyone else has said, a car in the first year of production will have a bunch of problems. If you are so concerned, get one next year.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:57 PM
bztz4m
2nd Gear Member

The only thing I might of done was to get the GT instead of the V6 but other than that I love my new car.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I just sat in the mustang and ordered one.. who needs to test drive!! I look awsome in it. [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-23-2005, 02:59 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I just sat in the mustang and ordered one.. who needs to test drive!! I look awsome in it. [sm=icon_rock.gif]
hehe

That's about like me. I turned the key on a demo GT and decided I was going to buy one before I even drove it. I bought the only loaded one they had on the showroom floor. Only had 4 miles on the odometer. Feels good to have a car that NOBODY has test driven or beat up on.

Anyway, don't worry about the CD skipping thing. You can always get it replaced under warranty. Mine skips, too, but I haven't even bothered to take it to the dealer yet. I spend so little time listening to the radio that it doesn't even matter. Who drives a Mustang GT and listens to the radio??? The exhaust is all the music I need. I have the Shaker1000 and feel like that's money that could've been put toward the painted on stripes and lowered suspension I'm going to get. Add to that, that I'm addicted to satellite radio, and there's even less incentive for me to listen to the radio. I can't wait for Ford to introduce a Sirius unit for the Shaker systems. I'll be the first in line to buy one. That AUX button isn't there for nothing...

Anyway, though, I have the suspension clunks and driveline noise, but I just look at that as endemic of a Mustang GT. I have NEVER been in a Mustang GT (or any manual transmission car for that matter) that doesn't have driveline noise. It's called driveline lash and there's nothing you can do about it other than tighten up the tolerances, but that just introduces a host of other problems.

Despite those minor "setbacks" (if you can call it that)... Buyer's remorse? NOPE! Maybe it would matter more if this was my daily driver, but this is my weekend toy.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crawz

05, silver, black tints, I've already picked up several hotties, I know they are in there for the car, but the end result is the same!

Anyone notice the back seat is very uncomfertable for , business.?

LOL whatever works man, lol
Old 02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
WA05GT

Aready have one on order. Haven't even sat in one yet. I think i'll do a smoke show out of the dealership parking lot. Thanks for the feedback guys.[sm=gears.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13217/12B3AAE356B2473D919E27D1658E07DC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-23-2005, 07:46 PM
jammer

My only regret is that I can't (won't) drive it right now because of salt on the roads and snow. But I have driven it enough to know I have no regrets as far as the car itself is concerned. It's more than I could ask for and I knew I would have to have one from the day I saw the prototype at the Detroit auto show. I did sit in it today and descovered I have the heater problem mentioned up the page and my shaker 1000 is the b version. That is supposed to be the fixed versio. Of whichI've had no problems. Which I don't understand because my sequence number is 00379. But I bought it in late Jan too which makes me wonder. Did not order it.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Leseetsa

Not one ounce of remorse, none, zip, nada, nope, neechivo. 1500+ miles in one month. When it goes in for it's first checkup I'll get the CD player, heater and gas tank fixed. That's what warrenties are for. None of these things imact the enjoyment and pleasure of my Stang at all! The pleasure of driving it WAY out measures those things.

I've waited 30 years for my dream car and now I have it.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

It's a first year car, it's going to have quite a few problems and recalls until it get's 2-3 years into a production run.

Just wait until the last production of 05's and you could possibly get a fixed and more reliable 05 GT. Or...wait until 06!! [8D]

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse