Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my Laser Shifter/Jammer

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I love my Laser Shifter/Jammer

pretty sure the laser jammer is legal because laser "guns" use light to detect your speed, and altering light isnt illegal as there is no department that has jurisdiction of the manipulation of light, however a rader jammer is illegal because the FCC has jurisdiction over that i believe
Old 10-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burnsy
pretty sure the laser jammer is legal because laser "guns" use light to detect your speed, and altering light isnt illegal as there is no department that has jurisdiction of the manipulation of light, however a rader jammer is illegal because the FCC has jurisdiction over that i believe
I'm sure if the DPS wanted to they could find a way to make them illegal

so where is the EMP shielding mod j/k

Remember if an "Officer of the Law" sees the Radar detector when he/she pulls you over they may start searching for anything they can add to speeding
Old 10-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

+1

on another note...Ford Dude always posts right after me, or me after him lately haha - forum on
Old 10-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

+1
on another note...Ford Dude always posts right after me, or me after him lately haha - forum on
LOL odd I didn't know that
I'll try to avoid it
Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

yea and shooting peope with high powered lasers are legal too.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

I don't even bother hiding the detector anymore when pulled over. The last ticket I got the same officer had already pulled me over twice before and remembered me. Wife didn't help either. Hell, saw that officer at the strip last night and he remembered pulling me over once he saw my car.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

I don't even bother hiding the detector anymore when pulled over. The last ticket I got the same officer had already pulled me over twice before and remembered me. Wife didn't help either. Hell, saw that officer at the strip last night and he remembered pulling me over once he saw my car.
You need a better detector.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:11 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bmr4life

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

You need a better detector.
Yeah seriosly. Knock on wood, I haven't had 1 ticket since I bought this unit. At the time I bought thisthe dealer told me this was the best unit on the market. If it goes offthen slow down. The laser jammer should be 50 state legal, when I broke down last week theCHP officer noticed itmounted tomywindshield and just smiled, heis a mustang owner himself, so he understood and besides he didn't catch me speeding. The unit caught him.5 mile before I turned the corner so I ws already slowed way down.If you look close at my sig pic the laser shifter/detectors are mounted between my smaller PIAA and Fog lights (there 1x4 inch black sensors). No one has ever noticed them since they are so inconspicous,they look like they belong with the body kit.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:51 PM
kingdong6515
1st Gear Member

BS that "they" target these cars. With laser (or LIDAR) it is usually impossible to tell the exact make of the car at the range of the target. In fact, lots of them own Mustangs--like me and several of my coworkers . Policemen target a-hole drivers not people who have nice cars and love to drive them.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

So, what brand is this laser shifter? I'm interested if I decide to get a Bel STi. Some cops around here just set up laser traps........and the detector is only going to tell you that you have just been tagged.

Quick Reply: I love my Laser Shifter/Jammer