Looking for turbo advice... - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Looking for turbo advice...

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Looking for turbo advice...

Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for turbo advice...

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

I've been thinking of going withHahn RaceCraft, Inctwin turbo setup.
http://www.hahnracecraft.com/New_Fol...o%20System.htm
I actually talked to a couple of the guys from Hahn at NMRA a couple months ago and they have a very interesting kit but it's pricey and like mentioned above they use some really small turbos. They are stock mitsubishi headunits and even thought they put out alot of power combined I don't think you have much room to upgrade if you ever decided to. I seriously considered going with Hahn because they are from my area, but I ruled them out after researching the components they use.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lito

Another thing to consider is availability, we got an Hellion from Brent @ brenspeed a got shipped in less than two weeks, their kit is the same hellion one but with some more stuff like GT pumps, spark plugs, etc. Obviously you get a tune from Brent, we have not tested that yet cause we have not installed it but surely comes handy.On the other side, HP is a great product but it can take forever to get the piping from Jet Hot, we bought a 61mm BB TT for a stroked 2000GT (mind blowing performance) and in the end we got the whole thing with a few minor itches but is very good as a whole.

Myself, ordered a kit from HP, 67mm BB, to risky with the pipes under the k-member for me with the Hellion, read that they had improved the process of delivery from Jet Hot, time will tell. We are on week 2 of a 4-5 weeks wait time.
You'll have to keep us posted when you get that kit from HP, i'm very interested to see how difficult it is to install and how good the fitment and performance is. I had the same worries about the Hellion kit as you did. I live in an area where roads are subpar and I don't want to run the risk of catching that piping on a nasty bump.

Is the Jethot coating the reason it takes so long to deliver?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28
You'll have to keep us posted when you get that kit from HP, i'm very interested to see how difficult it is to install and how good the fitment and performance is. I had the same worries about the Hellion kit as you did. I live in an area where roads are subpar and I don't want to run the risk of catching that piping on a nasty bump.

Is the Jethot coating the reason it takes so long to deliver?
It should not be difficult to install, the TT wasn't. On the TT, we received a box with everything but piping in about a month, month and a half or so, the Jet Hot parts took if I remember correctly, about 4 months, shipped directly from the Jet Hot people in AZ. The HP guys fabricate your kit as you order, then ship out this same way, heard Jet Hot process is now faster but I really don't know until I get mine. The fitting on the TT was perfect. I think HP has a quality product, if you are not in a hurry and can wait and be really patient, they are an option.

My final recommendation on this is to visit theturboforums a read on, if you want to now more on HP, visit the turbochargedpower page that has more info than the other, specially on the options you can get and call Nathan for questions, he is a nice guy and very good for making excuses [sm=smiley17.gif]
Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

If I had to pick, I would go with turbohorsepower.com. I have been to their site frequently, and like what I see.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pwny

If I had to pick, I would go with turbohorsepower.com. I have been to their site frequently, and like what I see.

I was looking at that also, but it isn't even ready for production yet and it's only been tested once. If this kit is ready in the spring and is high quality I will consider it.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

STS got me my kit in 3 days
Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28

ORIGINAL: Pwny

I was looking at that also, but it isn't even ready for production yet and it's only been tested once. If this kit is ready in the spring and is high quality I will consider it.
Jim’s single kit is available now. Give him a call and he can tell you all about the kit and the dyno numbers he got with a customers car.

Earl

Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Turbo5point0
1st Gear Member

hp
Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I dont have any money, so I could never afford one, but you should give VORTECH a look, they make some serious power!!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

I own a Hellion kit from Brenspeed. I have steeda ultralite springs and yeah you can kinda scrape on serious speed bumps but it has to be really severe. Its not the pipes under the K-member that can potentially bump though. That is a big misconception. You can actually get the kit to tuck pretty well if you spend the time and play with it. I will post a pic for ya.