Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price on New Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Uncle Peepers

Default Price on New Mustang GT

Hello all. I've been hanging around this forum for almost a year, and I still haven't made a decision about getting a new Mustang---but I'm closer than I was.
My current ride is a Mazda MX-5 which I've supercharged and done some other stuff to, but I've always been attracted to the Mustang's aggressive look and stock power.
Anyway, tonight I was looking at an '07 GT convertible with cloth seats and a five speed. The sticker was just over $31,000, but I think this dealer is willing to seriously negotiate. My question for the experts here and those who've already been through the process, is what is a good target price on this car?
I apologize in advance if it looks like I'm too lazy to do my own research; I have done quite a bit. BTW, another thing that's moving me in the Mustang direction is all the mods I've read about here. Having a blank slate to start all over with again would be a great experience.
Thanks,
Phil
Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
soldier boy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Price on New Mustang GT

I got a coupe with like every factory option damn near well an 08 ...i got mine for 28,000 and some change and thats with military discount and family discount and incentives so you will get better incentives on an 07 but if u want any extra stuff on it from the factory u might as wells spend an extra thousand or so and get the 08 ...thats what i did i ordered it that way it was built to my specifications..........
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
soldier boy
1st Gear Member

I got a coupe with like every factory option damn near well an 08 ...i got mine for 28,000 and some change and thats with military discount and family discount and incentives so you will get better incentives on an 07 but if u want any extra stuff on it from the factory u might as wells spend an extra thousand or so and get the 08 ...thats what i did i ordered it that way it was built to my specifications..........
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Briscoe
2nd Gear Member

I got the 2008 coupe with every option but shaker 1000. I got navigation, california special, fancy interior lighting,hid lights, all appearance packages, hood scoop, I mean everything but the shaker 1000. I paid full sticker of 34,500.00 I am pretty sure I got screwed but I couldn't help myself and nobody else had the GT/CS in black.

now I'm supercharged thanks to saleen and brenspeed and there is another 6500.00, plus another thousand on exhaust and a ford bluetooth handsfree kit( so I can talk on the phone while I shift(I work from my car).)

AND I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT WITH NO REGRETS[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: soldier boy

I agree with soldier boy. I just purchased my 08 GT Premium Coupelast week for 26,515. That was with a 4000 dollar military discount for purchasing it in Iraq. But I added the GT Appearance Package with the hood scoop, brightly rolled exhaust tips, and the pony emblem engine...then got the interior upgrade package with the my color feature in it. All that plus the 7 year warranty would have been 30,515. All the extras can get pricey like the wheel locking kits, heated seats, car alarm, etc. Go with the 08 spend about a $1000 more.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Uncle Peepers

I'm a little confused about the advantage of getting the '08 over the '07 (except for the obvious things like depreciation and such). There really aren't any changes in the 08's that interest me, and I'm not really big on things like navigation systems, warm seats, blue teeth, and that sort of thing. So is the advantage to the '08 simply being able to order what you want versus taking what the dealer has?

Phil
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

your going to find that they will work harder to sell the 07's just how hard is depending on how hard you want to push too.. Check to see if they are offering any rebates now.. some people have searched dealers online and they find a no haggle price that way.. good luck
Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Good luck finding an 07 this time of year, Im in the same boat and Im having one helluva time locating one...
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
linkdar
1st Gear Member

Still a good deal of 07's on EBAY (being sold by delaers new). Call up the dealership and get it shipped. I god my from a dealer 300 miles away and they delivered for free - care was delivered to my front door and did the paperwork sitting at my dining room table!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
KUcurt
1st Gear Member

Back in August there were super rebates and incentives available. The dealerships were trying to move the '07s out to make room for the '08s. Our GT coupe listed at 29,085. Tungsten, black leather, auto, IUP, GT Appearance Package, Sirius radio. Nice car - got it for $24,400 and maybe a little change. I'm glad she let us pull the trigger. Not sure there are a whole lot of 2007 GTs out there now.

Quick Reply: Price on New Mustang GT