Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever dealt with Galpin Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone ever dealt with Galpin Ford?

I wouldn't buy from them just because they're involved with PMR. Find an honest, smaller, local dealer (if that's possible).
Old 10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

When I bought mine a month ago, I was looking for a 07 black manual vert which narrowed my choices even more. I went to a local dealer, it took them 4 days to find it, and they had to go 500 miles to get it. Thedealerships are linked and they can find whatyou are lookingfor. If it wasn't for the Bama game I was going to that weekend Iwould have gone andpicked it up myself, they were going to take500 dollars off invoice for me to do it.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Ive been to Galpin a couple of times now, both times i got the "Well just sell it to the next guy" attitude. Like mentioned before, the have a ton of Stangs out back where you cant see them. Salesman walked me back there and I about **** myself, had to be atleast 75 mustangs! If you can find the car you want at a different stealership id say do it ...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang435hp

Huge dealerships with showrooms = my ish don't stink and i'll sell to the next person that walks through those doors, poor customer service and service department!!

Smaller Dealerships = better service department and more personal transactions where they know you by name.
Large Dealership - I can let you walk away from buying a car because there's another person right behind you that I can sell to...I do lots of large volume!

Small Dealership - I can't let you get away, because that sale means putting food on the table for the family. Cars are our business, and service is very important. Wait, what's that? You want a specialty Mustang, like a Saleen, Roush, or Shelby? Sorry, those are only offered through high cap dealerships, i.e. dealerships who sell a lot of cars.

This has been my experience with dealerships here in SD...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:31 PM
jeffsmachine

I bought my 06 there.They were the only dealer in the area that had what I wanted, otherwise I would have bought somewhere else.They do have the largest inventory.If they have the car You want ,( You can check inventory online ) You can get a good deal if You stand tuff, it will just take a while to dicker back and forth with them.In my purchase from them, I acted like a jerk (my girlfriend might say I wasnt acting )I hold tuff for the price I want, and when they dont agree, I head for the door.They wont let you leave.
I did practice shop at other dealers first for similar cars, to get an idea about price and options, so when I found the car I wanted, I would be ready to deal.
I WOULD NOT GO TO THEM FOR SERVICE !
jeff
Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

My dad got his F-150 from there. After going to I think 9 Ford dealerships he cameto a conclusion that they're giving him the best price. I got my Stang from them, as well. Took 4 hours negotiating and ended up with getting it for 23.5k. You judge whether it's a good deal or not I guess. The "Mustang only showroom" had only 3 mustangs in it last time I checked and I don't think it can fit more so don't stress that. They do have over 200 Stangs in stock though, possibly even more. If you decide to go in just make sure you take your time talking to them and it will save you a few grand. At some points pretend that you're about to walk out too lol. Good luck.
P.S. last August they offered me a S281SC for 41k... brand new.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Jokeurmnd
2nd Gear Member

I bought my stang from there and I had an idea of what I wanted but found my baby there.I got a good price from them and they do keep up with maintance,I enjoyed them but then again my aunt works for them so...
Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 AM
blackonblack2007
1st Gear Member

I looked at Galpin Ford's inventory back in Nov. 2004 when the S197 first came out. Great customer service, my parents have been customers in the past and never had problems. They had 2 S197's in stock, one of which was on the showroom and was being held as a demo (the deposit list was over 50 people at that time). The other one just got off the truck, and they let me test drive it, knowing that I wasn't going to buy because I was leaving for boot camp that next week (I am originally from socal). Not bad when they have 5000 cars in inventory and they let me drive the only S197 available. They are also known for not marking up vehicles, which is common out here in HI. Here they markup Mustang's 3-4K across the board, much much higher than that for the Shelby's.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:46 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

when I was shopping for my S197 in March-April of 2005 I tried smaller dealerships that if they actually let me drive a GT wanted $3-5,000 over MSRP! Got one salesman who dressed like a pimp! Remember, some small dealers might be owned by HUGE companies that own all kinds of dealerships. You have to ask nowadays.
So I went to Galpin because a friend has always bought her cars their. They let me go on a long test drive and when the new GT's came in they called me so I could choose. Even with the lemon I picked they still never gave me the run around, and have given me great service so far.
The only reason I'd go to a local dealer (and there's one I could walk to down the street!) is if I ordered the Mustang or if they somehow managed to get the exact GT I want. Now, with it easier to get into a new GT, I would probably try local, just because I hate the long drive out to Galpin.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackonblack2007

They are also known for not marking up vehicles, which is common out here in HI. Here they markup Mustang's 3-4K across the board, much much higher than that for the Shelby's.
Hmm totally opposite of what i hear. I went in and looked at the GT500 they had. They wanted a minimun of $15 though over sticker. Went down to Sunrise and they had 2 of them for $5 though over sticker ...

Quick Reply: Anyone ever dealt with Galpin Ford?