Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever dealt with Galpin Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone ever dealt with Galpin Ford?

bought a t bird and a mustang but not from them. went there tree times. salesmen were jerks, arrogant attitude, wanted sticker price and no less on both cars, went to a ford dealership in glendale and got 2500 off the bird went to another dealership and bought my stang for a lot less.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

I may have gotten lucky and ended up with a nice salesman and manager. We didn't want to go to Galpin originally since they had a bit of a 'reputation' for being big and not caring if you buy from them or not.
But another dealership didn't have the car that their online inventory tracker claimed they did. I won't get into that debacle, and the 40 minutes wasted by yanking my chain around.

So we stopped at Galpin because they had a fairly rare combo (and 2 of them!): Convertible, Manual, Black with Chamois interior. Yeah, not going to find many dealers stocking that combo! They had TWO.

Our salesman was a nice fellow. He had a Mustang GT of his own, so maybe that's what made the experience better. He knew his stuff, had some mods on it and so on.
We went to negotiate. They gave me a fair price for my SRT-4, and did decent on the Mustang (about $2k under sticker). The car came with Magnaflows and tint as dealer installed options. We didn't spend much time negotiating either, he came back with around $1,500 under sticker as their first offer.

Then, the finance department was backed up -- so they bought us a nice lunch while we waited.

It was nice getting to gawk at a Ford GT during the process too. They had a yellow one in the main showroom. Beautiful car.

I will say this for them: My car was in the back lot with the 200 other Mustangs they have in stock. The paint on my car was in BAD shape. Lots of swirls and scratches. I spent an entire weekend attacking it with the Porter Cable. Looks great, but it's obvious someone isn't doing their job correctly. But the paint looks great now
Old 10-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

that's what I was talking about ^

The camois interior is RARE! If you want anything rare Galpin is the most likely place that will have it.
Nice to hear they came below sticker.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

There customer service is great the service department doesnt think twice to change a part on your car if it needs it!! And they offer rental cars if you purchase you car from them (something ford doesnt require or covers) but the sales guys are di*ks went though 12 hrs the first day and 6 hrs the next day negotionating [:@]my car, did get a good deal though jerks!!!!! Just be persistent they'd always give in[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 PM
SCs197gt
On A Mish

I got called an a**hole by one of the sales people at a huge dealership for getting up and starting to walk out, reached out to shake the sales persons hand and said thank you for your time and he replied "why are you being such an a**hole" and did not return the handshake. I was shocked. Now it wasn't a Ford dealership but from experience they are all the same. This is why I hate shopping for cars unless I know somebody at the dealership.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:39 PM
USMC0341
1st Gear Member

I bought my new 2003 SVT Cobra from galpin. They sold me the car with out telling me/disclosing that it had been wrecked before being sold. I found out it was wreckedwhen the bondo/paint started coming off the door. They wouldn't do anything for meand wouldn't claim responsibility. Galpin /Ford bought the car back after I got a lawyer involved.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMC0341

I bought my new 2003 SVT Cobra from galpin. They sold me the car with out telling me/disclosing that it had been wrecked before being sold. I found out it was wreckedwhen the bondo/paint started coming off the door. They wouldn't do anything for meand wouldn't claim responsibility. Galpin /Ford bought the car back after I got a lawyer involved.
[sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=violent053.gif]Sorry to hear that gets me mad when dealers do this