Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this deal too good? Who is OBX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
tdogg74

Default RE: Is this deal too good? Who is OBX?

ORIGINAL: 157db

http://www.obxracingsports.com/
They claim that their "$hit is Good" on their website.
Looks like they cater to the ricer crowd.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/1B057B47836A412CB7410FFF47B3DBB4.gif[/IMG]
Ricer crowd, huh?

For what its worth, I have an OBX header on my VW. For all the doubters, the weld quality and fitment were top notch.I had my doubts when i ordered it, but was VERY satisfied with the product.Ive had it on my car for 2 years with not one issue. Oh, and it cost hundreds LESS than the 'name-brand' companies with the same design. I cant say how it would be on a V8, but take my experiance for what its worth.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:17 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tdogg74

Ricer crowd, huh?

For what its worth, I have an OBX header on my VW. For all the doubters, the weld quality and fitment were top notch.I had my doubts when i ordered it, but was VERY satisfied with the product.Ive had it on my car for 2 years with not one issue. Oh, and it cost hundreds LESS than the 'name-brand' companies with the same design. I cant say how it would be on a V8, but take my experiance for what its worth.
Thanks for the feedback man. I don't really care if a brand is ricer or not.....that price is unbeatable. My only concerns are quality (which seemed to be yours as well), I'm glad you've been happy with your purchase. I might just elect myself the guinea pig on this kit. IF OBX responds back that this is in fact a kit for the 2005-2007.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
fordchuck
1st Gear Member

OBX, SSA, other ebay brands are overseas knockoffs. They use a previous available product and reverse engineer it and crank out copies with less expensive materials and cheaper labor.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

I am the KING of value shopping....but why risk it? Ever hear the phrase "do it right, do it once?"

I can not remember how many times I tried to be "cheap" and half-*** it with no-name junk...then I get to try and return the junk....and get into fights with a crappy company...and MAYBE I'll get a refund in 3 months.

Check the ebay rating....he gates a whole bunch of negatives and neutrals EVERY month...notice what they complain about....poor quality and poor customerservice.

Yeah...I'd feel comfortable sending him $500 Spend more on a product YOU KNOW will not give you problems!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:32 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Hmm. Very confusing Ebay ad. The picture at the bottom shows four separate pipes with the headers: two with what looks like mufflers or possibly cat convertors and h-pipes and two without mufflers or cats also with h-pipes. I do not see any oxygen sensor bungs either.Also there is no description of exactly what you get with the kit, And itdoes not say what size the primary tubes are or the collector size. WARNING! Ricer product with bad customer service as listed in their feedback. I love the remark on one of their replies "Check other buyers on the + positive list, no complaints for this item...." Well if nobody else has ever had a problem then nothing could possibly be wrong! typical!! My best advice would be to steer clear of this product and buy American made proven products.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tdogg74

Ricer crowd, huh?

OBX is primarily for 4 cyl motors. I've never seen anything for a V8; kinda makes me wonder if this guy is trying to sell something that's not engineered to fit on our cars, but will say, "I've gotten it to fit!"

As for tdogg, you're the only person I've come across that hasn't had problems with it. Back in the day when I was tuning my Saturn, several of my buddies ran OBX headers on theirSC2's (OBX being the only headers available at the time, other than the stock manifold). They experienced cracking around the welds where it mounted up to the engine block, poor fitment (some would be off as much as 1/8" on the exhaust hole spacing)...They are sold as "Off-Road Use Only" exhausts without any sort of oxygen sensor bungs, etc. because it's not meant to be used on the street.

I personally would rather spend money on JBA, Hooker, MAC, or any of the otherbrands where the manufacturers themselves state that they're made to fit our cars, not some guy on eBay...