Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$300.00 ALINGNMENT ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
linkdar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: $300.00 ALINGNMENT ???

asses.... I got front aligned @ the dealership two weeks ago for $70
Old 10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I'm sure we are not getting the whole story here.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

thurman could very well be right. asking $300 for a <$90 job? must be more to it...like something that needs to be replaced or something?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

it is a mustang and they are telling me that there are not just parts that can be put on like in a regular front end alignmentand it because of that it is very labor intensive. I am not a mechanic, but I'm pretty sharp and I'm thinking they are trying to poke me here. Dealership is Butch Oustalet ford in Gulfport, MS You are all correct, something is not right, just didn't know if anyone else had gotten an alignment done and what they paid.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Thats RAPAGE...go to a reputable place..shoould not be more then 100 bucks for a great 4 wheel alignment..
Old 10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
rom8bszfh2cg5q7s4pap
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gman13

it is a mustang and they are telling me that there are not just parts that can be put on like in a regular front end alignment and it because of that it is very labor intensive. I am not a mechanic, but I'm pretty sharp and I'm thinking they are trying to poke me here. Dealership is Butch Oustalet ford in Gulfport, MS You are all correct, something is not right, just didn't know if anyone else had gotten an alignment done and what they paid.
There's a situation whereby if your camber is way out of spec, they may need to enlarge some holes on the strut. In that scenario they would charge you the estimated labor hours. However, without putting your car on the alignment rack, there's no way they would know that your camber was that in need.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: rom8bszfh2cg5q7s4pap

it is a mustang and they are telling me that there are not just parts that can be put on like in a regular front end alignmentand it because of that it is very labor intensive. I am not a mechanic, but I'm pretty sharp and I'm thinking they are trying to poke me here. Dealership is Butch Oustalet ford in Gulfport, MS You are all correct, something is not right, just didn't know if anyone else had gotten an alignment done and what they paid.
There's a situation whereby if your camber is way out of spec, they may need to enlarge some holes on the strut. In that scenario they would charge you the estimated labor hours. However, without putting your car on the alignment rack, there's no way they would know that your camber was that in need.
If its so out that holes need to be enlarged, I would be thinking something
is not right or bent. The shop manual shows alignment procedures and they
are labor intensive if the body is out of whack. Otherwise the front end
should have the same alignment when it left the factory and a check should
be all thats needed unless you have a high mileager and there are worn out
parts. $60 to check alignment and maybe, maybe $300 to correct itif its
way out like you state. Tires wearing uneven up front? How do you know
its out and why is it out?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Take it to your local Firestone. At the most it will need some camber bolts all of which cost like 40.00 tops

Richard
Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

They must be talking about physically shimming the front end. Very old school and yes, it is labor intensive. Only reason I can think they would need to do that is that you're lowered and as such, in order to bring everything into 'spec' geometricallythey need to go above and beyond what is normally required of a "front end alignment"

Can you provide a breakdown of what supsension mods you've done and what parts the dealer is saying they need?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

This is exactly what they are saying. The car is completely stock. Not lowered and no performance mods at all.

Tires are not wearing evenly up front and I just found out about a month ago, she hit a huge pot hole. NOW SHE TELLS ME. Even still, the amount seems rediculous.

Quick Reply: $300.00 ALINGNMENT ???