Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple Supercharger Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Supercharger Question

yes

viva la whipple
Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Yea, sure. I would TRY to resist driving it real hard until you get it done though. It'll probably be safe but you want to be sure right?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
jgallo
1st Gear Member

how much do you think it will cost to have a dyno tune done?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

A good one runs over $120, that's for about 40 mins of testing, but keep in mind you only have to do it ONCE. At that price, with the 10hp or more it will give you running a Whipple, it will be the cheepeast mod you will ever make (ever).
Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

You can barely get traction with a 3.55 posi rear and the H/O Whipple in first. Also the FRPP tune is really very good right out of the box. My dealer believes there is not much more that can be done, unlike the '04 and earlier cars where there was a lot of variation in the tune. Whether he is correct or not, I love my car as is and it can scare the peanuts out of my M&Ms anytime I want to put my foot into it. Try it stock. Then go for more boost. Then a new bottom end, heads, throttle body, injectors, 2nd fuel pump etc. Then rob another bank. But I can't imagine steeper gears when Shelby uses a 3:31 gear. Don't know if the Shelby 6 speed has a lower first than the stock 5 speed but if it is then hey getting one of those is also an option that would allow you to cruise at highway speeds in peace when gas goes to $5 a gallon next summer.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
rom8bszfh2cg5q7s4pap
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Yea, sure. I would TRY to resist driving it real hard until you get it done though. It'll probably be safe but you want to be sure right?
I don't sense any sarcasm in this comment, strangely.

The Ford tune may not push the limits of the supercharger, but to suggest it's dangerous to run Ford's tune is misinformed. In fact, Ford is going to have a much more conservative tune than any performance shop.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

eesh! expensive!
You get what you pay for, dear......

Whipples aren't cheap......but with that said......they aren't cheap. I would rather to have a quality piece on my ride than the overinflated, misappropriated Roush....and so on. Go ahead.......let 'er rip...I know that little jab at Roush will **** some off!
~ s
Old 10-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fakesnake

You can barely get traction with a 3.55 posi rear and the H/O Whipple in first. Also the FRPP tune is really very good right out of the box. My dealer believes there is not much more that can be done, unlike the '04 and earlier cars where there was a lot of variation in the tune. Whether he is correct or not, I love my car as is and it can scare the peanuts out of my M&Ms anytime I want to put my foot into it. Try it stock. Then go for more boost. Then a new bottom end, heads, throttle body, injectors, 2nd fuel pump etc. Then rob another bank. But I can't imagine steeper gears when Shelby uses a 3:31 gear. Don't know if the Shelby 6 speed has a lower first than the stock 5 speed but if it is then hey getting one of those is also an option that would allow you to cruise at highway speeds in peace when gas goes to $5 a gallon next summer.
Wow! I'd like to see you post your dyno sheet showing your 500RWHP as you claim. Sorry to say, but I don't believe it for a second. Your dealer also has no clue if they're saying that the FRPP tune is just as good as a dyon tune. I'd run for the hills if I was told that.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Mine has the same on the Polished kit!
ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Even though it was bought direct from Whipple, mine came with Ford Decals on it [&:]

Quick Reply: Whipple Supercharger Question