Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

Default Door Rattle

does anybody have their passenger door rattle badly. mine seams to be coming from either the mustang sill plate or the passenger side air vent or most likely from something inside the door. and does anybody have the manual on how to remove the door panels.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
05GT550
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Door Rattle

Yes! I have this same problem with the driver side door. I took out all the screws to try to remove the door panel but I couldn't. I was able to pry open the bottom a little and a bolt fell down. It rattles when I close and open the door. If you figure out how to take off the door panel completely please let me know!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: craezjo

does anybody have their passenger door rattle badly. mine seams to be coming from either the mustang sill plate or the passenger side air vent or most likely from something inside the door. and does anybody have the manual on how to remove the door panels.
My passenger side rattle too. I just left it alone, I drive with the stereo up pretty loud so I don't notice unless I have company in the car with me.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

it just annoys me that i know its ther and that the car is only 4 months old, and when i have the speakerphone i mute the volume and close the windows and just annoys the hell outa me
Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

no one has any info on how to remove the panels or what the noise could be
Old 10-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

my speaker used to rattle a little bit when I first bought it but thats prolly not it if you have ur mute on and its still happening. I want to figure out how to take the panel off as well cuz my Automatic window button for my driverside works if I hold it down but wont go up by itself anymore... anyone else see that problem?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Wow. No. No rattles at all
Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

mine rattles also and I have a metalic buzzing sound coming from the center console around 2000 rpm, I will be taking it in to the shop to see if they can find the problem, It drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

WOW I should have posted about this a long time ago, because I have the same problem, passenger door rattle,AND metallic buzz in the center console at certain RPMs... Itis alldriving me to insanity!!!

Haha, but anyways, I know what my door rattle is. There is a little plastic plate behind the door handle, and I have narrowed it down to that because you can jiggle it around and actually lock it in place and the noise stops, however it usually bounces back out. I don't have any clue how to fix it by tightening anything, maybe superglue? Ugh, I really don't wanna go that route but I don't know what else to do. Anyone else's thoughts?

On a side note, I ordered boom tubes yesterday so hopefully that will either mask all of the otherrattling or just create more, oh well!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: craezjo

no one has any info on how to remove the panels or what the noise could be

Guys, don't you remove the door panel when you install the moleskin? Or I am on the left field on this one...I know I partially removed it when I did the moleskin thingy. TW, I have a vert and mine rattles a bit too....I blamed the vert top...but its the passenger side, no doubts.

Quick Reply: Door Rattle