Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior ambient lighting package now available for 05-07's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:06 PM
MEDIC
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Interior ambient lighting package now available for 05-07's!

Don't waste your money. Seriously.

I didn't really know what it was when I bought my car, but I thought it sounded cool. They got a black GT in from another dealer with everything else I wanted, and it just happened to also have the ambient lighting. $300 isn't that big of a deal when you're already dealing with a 31K+ sticker, so I didn't really care.

Now that I've had it a couple weeks, I could very easily do without it. I think the cupholder lights are actually distracting when driving at night, and the floorboard lights, while kinda neat, aren't neat enough to warrant a $300 price tag.
A roll of 18ga. wire and a couple lights of your choice will serve the same purpose, for about $20-30.

I'm thinking of getting one of those chrome cupholder dealies, in hopes that it will obscure the lighting a bit. Anyone have experience with this?

To each their own so if you really really think you need it, the go for it. But I'd hate to see someone spend that kind of money just to be disappointed later.

And as for the Mycolor, I just set mine to match the rest of the instrument lights, and that's that. Another upgrade I didn't need. Changing the gauge lighting is quick, easy, and inexpensive. If you know what color you want, go get the bulbs and toss 'em in. Much easier and much less costly. But again, if you really want it, then go for it. It's all about you and your car.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

I could do better for less....
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MEDIC

And as for the Mycolor, I just set mine to match the rest of the instrument lights, and that's that. Another upgrade I didn't need. Changing the gauge lighting is quick, easy, and inexpensive. If you know what color you want, go get the bulbs and toss 'em in. Much easier and much less costly. But again, if you really want it, then go for it. It's all about you and your car.

are you talking about chaning the color of the dash lights(speedo ect..)?...got any pics?..the one thing i dont like is how the gauges look all nice in that bright white during the day,then bam it get dark,headlights on and now they are that baby **** green color...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 PM
MEDIC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

are you talking about chaning the color of the dash lights(speedo ect..)?...got any pics?..the one thing i dont like is how the gauges look all nice in that bright white during the day,then bam it get dark,headlights on and now they are that baby **** green color...

That's what I'm talking about. I don't have pics, but I suppose I could get some on here in the next day or two (I have homework I'm already putting off right now).

Changing the color of those lights is too easy. Pick a color, buy some bulbs, and toss 'em in. Simple as that. I'll get some pics up with the different colors before this weekend if nobody beats me to it. That should help you decide on what you want. But seriously, it's too easy to change, and it's cheap.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:50 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

I hate that. I love how great they look during the day, then I HAVE to sacrifice that awesome color just to put on the lights so that I don't get smacked from behind. psh.

So if I could change that, I definately would.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:01 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

$300? Are they kidding?

Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Pretty cool for maybe 80 bucks TOPS but $300!?....I swear sometimes the owner of ford is on crack lol
Old 10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

For $300. I'd expect something like this.....
Old 11-19-2007, 01:21 PM
MadLoo

ok, so I have seen this package, and agree with the rest of you, its dim and pointless, however. The way the light enters the cupholders through the ring, and the button location and the LED controller location is beautifully integrated into the car. I personally am buying this kit to put on my mustang, However, i am replacing the floor lights in the front and back, and swapping the LED's in the cupholders. The result will be the same integration, but a extremely bright, and noticable, lighting kit.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

$300 so I can have lights that make me look like a ricer...I'll pass.

I would not put these in my car even if someone paid ME $300.
Seriously!

Quick Reply: Interior ambient lighting package now available for 05-07's!