Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Owners Chime In!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Mike@PowerHouse

Default RE: Turbo Owners Chime In!

Yes we have converted our systems to blow through, not because they weren't tunable but because it is easier to tune. This saves the customers a few bucks down the road in the event that they wanted to have a custom tune and turn up the boost.
You may want to check your info source as Fin1's car was converted to blowthrough, mostly as a test to find the limits of the stock maf/maf.ia combination. It is now making in excess of 650rwhp without any meter issues.
Redfires car is still draw through, he happens to have SCT's PRP which allows him to continuously tweak. No issues.

Now we have converted our turbo systems to blow through, Again it is easier to tune and works very well.

GrabberOrange07,
You should contact someone in the know with your trans concerns, Lentech has our systemwith a car that is equipped with a 5r, as well as a 4r70. Talk to Chris and he would be able to help you out.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Also, to further add to this, I ran my car an entire race season with the draw through setup with no issues. It was also daily driven in this configuration 50 miles a day and streetability was fine. And after it was converted to blow through, was daily driven and 100% streetable as well. The quality and support on this kit are exceptional in my opinion.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

http://www.hpperformance.com/2005mus...rbosystems.htm
Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Rainson, I have been eyeing the HP Turbo's. I'll continue gathering info and hopefully more people will chime in with their experiance. I personally like the turbo under the hood. I'm not digging turbo's that are under the car or in the back where the mufflers used to be. Thats just my opinion.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

To me, HP performance seems to be the best all around kit. I am still doing my research.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:08 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

quality and support on this kit are exceptional in my opinion
100% correct. Mr. Bowen always returns calls and emails very promptly. He is even in touch with my dynotuner and transmission guys at FB Performance, to help work things out. Not that it was really necessary, but when the turbo was being installed on a saturday, he advised that he would be available on that particular saturday for any questions etc...and he was.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

100% correct. Mr. Bowen always returns calls and emails very promptly. He is even in touch with my dynotuner and transmission guys at FB Performance, to help work things out. Not that it was really necessary, but when the turbo was being installed on a saturday, he advised that he would be available on that particular saturday for any questions etc...and he was.
Yep, that was a big selling point for me as well. The kit (both GT and V6) were both tested extensively by them for a year at the track before they came out with them. The support after the sale was beyond my expectations.
The #'s the customers put down are incredible and more importantly (to me at least), the ET's will compete with and/or surpass anything out there. As far as privately owned vehicles (non-shop cars), the fastest GT I've seen is a high 9's on this setup so far. The 3 fastest V6 cars all use this kit as well.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

HP Performance kit is blow through, Hellion is draw through.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrabberOrange07

Rainson, I have been eyeing the HP Turbo's. I'll continue gathering info and hopefully more people will chime in with their experiance. I personally like the turbo under the hood. I'm not digging turbo's that are under the car or in the back where the mufflers used to be. Thats just my opinion.
Yeah. This just seems like a lot can get damaged, dirty broken:

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/763075CD01E54C768E2B462AA5E9DA25.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

A question like this will elicit all types of personal preference answers, and that's cool.
I'd just say though, as a S/C owner and also having had turbos previously, the S/C gives a flatter torque curve overall which makes for a more relaxed driveability for those times when you don't want to hammer it, which if we're honest, is most of the time.
Turbo'd motors tend to be more peaky, more nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing (wait for it), nothing BANG-Everything !!!!

Quick Reply: Turbo Owners Chime In!